Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm not an addict, It's cool.


I first questioned my peanut butter consumption levels as a child, recognizing that my favorite snacks all included the tasty spread: ants on a log, peanut butter and banana toast, Reeces cups, mud cookies. . . and my first memory with Erin Barr is us eating peanut butter spoons in my driveway (and off my driveway. Ewww). And of course I featured George Washington Carver for my report during Black History month. And then in college when I could single-handedly consume an entire large jar of Adams in two weeks and would secretly buy the peanut butter cookie with the Hershey kiss on top every time I passed that Otis Spunkmeyer counter? And now it's my breakfast (PB toast anyone?) my lunch (how but a PB toast?) and my dinner (how 'bout a salad with some PB toast?) and my desert (how bout a spoon with PB, honey and two chocolate chips?). Oddly, it was one of the only things that I didn't feel adverse to during early pregnancy (and Cheerios). Liesel is almost 17lbs and I'm pretty sure she's made up of 98% peanut butter.

So what is to be done you ask? I'm not sure; I'll just float this off to the world of cyber confessions and hopefully that's the first step toward recovery.


7 comments:

Erin Barr said...

"...I feel alright." I bet you do! PB is awesome! I just read this post while eating a PB&J in fact. Thanks for the shout out, by the way. :-) I noticed you didn't mention the other part of eating PB in your driveway...

sNick said...

Mmmmmm.... I love peanut butter. You're the one that taught me to put Adam's in my ice cream. THANK YOU. Changed my life.

Erin Barr said...

hahahahaha

Chris Andrew said...

Holy smoke, I eat everything on that list daily. Except for ants-on-a-log, celery is gross. My favorite meal growing up was a gorilla sandwich: bread, PB, and honey with a banana in the middle, folded up like a hot dog.

Anonymous said...

I tried to have a peanut butter sabatical recently, but I realized I didn't know what else to eat.

Lindsey said...

Does this mean you are tempted to eat Liesel? You said she was 98% peanut butter...

I'm pretty sure she is 98% of everything anyone loves. That girl is one ball of loveliness
Cordially, Aunt Lindsey
PS how do you get so many people to comment on your blog!? You are so popular.

Catherine said...

Girr... I don't know if you had anything to do with it, but I share in your addiction. And my roommate does, too. She gets huge boxes of PB in the mail and my mouth starts watering.