Tuesday, May 17, 2011

on being rich

Lately I've been thinking about what it would be like to be wealthy. I mean, really stinkin' wealthy-- the kind where you can buy organic meat, Egyptian towels and baby Patagonia jackets (oops). Brian says that what we don't have in wealth, we make up in lifestyle. That is so true. It's really really true. I mean, I've got my pack full of water, almonds and dolphin-safe tuna and as soon as Liesel gets up I'm donning my snow shoes and exploring one of the most beautiful places in the country.

6 comments:

Jerry said...

Not to mention your child does have that patagonia jacket. You are wealthy indeed.

Lindsey said...

Haha. And just think of all the gear that you have spent money on that replace your "organic meat". I don't know about you, but I'd rather eat inorganic meat and be able to wear 5 layers of the coolest snowpants.

Just sayin.

Chris Andrew said...

True that. I would rather take a trip to Yosemite and live on ramen than have all the gear.

Erin Barr said...

Greg just called me a buttface. I told him he couldn't call me that because it was your nickname. He said it was mine now... boo. You'll always be Buttface to me! ;-)

Allison said...

Become a famous writer. You have the gift.

sNick said...

You're probably the only person on the planet I would consider trading lives with, should the opportunity arise. You are RICH.