Saturday, July 30, 2011

When we weren't climbing we were:


 Preparing to climb, not getting enough sleep, trying to keep both babies from crying at the same time and sweating in our insanely small and hot cabin. But aside from that we were chillin' with these guys: Leslie, Owen and Clay Allred after our Sunday afternoon jam session.

We were jumping off rocks into cold water. This is Brian and Clay jumping off jump rock at Phelps Lake. Leslie and I jumped too and I think there's a video somewhere-- although I'm pretty sure I'm wearing Brian's swimming trunks and my sports bra since I forgot my suit. Not so cute.

We were playing with ridiculously cute babies.

And we were eating outside. The every day ritual of someone cooking while the kids get bathed and put down (uh. . .  to bed) and then we all gather at the picnic table for food. Allison is behind me, but my overly-large head is blocking her in every photo I took. I took some great photos of her with Liesel too, but the memory card chipped.

And when Brian's mom showed up on Saturday, we got to spend some time with her as well!

Not pictured: The post-climb hot springs soak, hiking around Phelp's lake and talking outside (and swatting mosquitoes) while the babies slept.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I love love that picture of her on the beach! That was seriously an incredible trip. My quads have recovered, and I think I'm ready to start jogging again. This experience was kind of like giving birth. Now that there's been a little bit of time, I think I'm ready to do it again. Can I just cut and paste your 2 blogs onto my blog? :)

The Gerharts said...

Ridiculously cute pictures. Those two babies will have a lot of fun over the years!