Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween? Das ist gut, ja.

Brian and I as Austrians-- yodel-ay-he-hoo! B may be Scottish, but he makes a dang cute Austrian.

*WARNING: Some photos may be too spooktacular for some.

I have to say that throwing a dance party for 15 people in our garage felt more nerve racking than hanging on a rope 200 ft in the air. I mean, I have no problem dancing. I was quoted in my senior high school yearbook (caption of a dance photo) as saying, "I love dance because I like to groove and shake my booty" (although I still deny ever saying that). But my point is: why not be a little crazy? Okay, I know that throwing a Halloween dance party isn't exactly the zenith of "wild and crazy", but for a bunch of parents who don't use substances to overcome inhibitions, it might as well be.  

Leslie and Clay as June Carter and Johnny Cash back from the dead.

We had everything from the Pope to Moses and from Star Trek to the Mafia. 


1st Place dish: Severed Fingers by the Allreds-- aren't those amazing??

1st place costume: Trevor Knutson

 We had Moab t-shirt prizes for the first place dish and costume for the night. The Allred's shortbread severed fingers were amazing and won by a landslide. And in order to appreciate Trevor's win as scary gothic dude, you have to have seen him before. The transformation was pretty incredible.


This is the gang getting ready for the Halloween trivia game (ghoul girls vs. Bat boys). The boys won by one point and took home the coveted Wendy's Jr. Frosty coupons. 

We had kept the dance party a secret for the most part, and had cleared out the garage with nothing but a boombox, balloon chandelier, orange twinkle lights and a strobe light. Brian's genius and creative halloween story brought the gang out, we pumped a little Lady Gaga and the 45 minute dance party began. And for the record, I really do love to groove and shake my booty. 

2 comments:

emily marie said...

If I had a Delorian I'd hop right in and fly over to your party! That sounds like awesome fun!

Catherine said...

I love how sweet and innocent you look next to Leslie's gothic-ness. Seriously impressed by this whole she-bang! And, even if everyone didn't dance, they're costumes are pretty rockin.' You have some seriously party skilz, Ang.