Sunday, October 16, 2011

friends and fun


After 8 years of friendship, Nicki and I still seem to find things in common. This weekend we bonded over our mutual love for McDonald's $1 hot fudge sundaes with nuts, quoting Bon Qui Qui, the great outdoors and shorts that fit amazingly well. We met at Badger Creek's outdoor adventure camp back in '03 where we worked as counselors and despite the fact that we've never really lived in the same place since, have stayed friends since. As an added bonus, my college roommate Jo came for a day as well. Jo and I have been friends for 10 years now and she is the bravest and most unique person I know. She can knit you owl potholders, fix your derailer on your bike and lead sketchy climbs that I can barely do on top-rope. It was an awesome ladies filled weekend:

At the Ice Cream Parlor on Kane Creek. I led my first post-baby trad climb. It was really easy, but still. Leslie came and joined the ladies day out too-- earning us some serious cred with all girls and two babies! 

Nicki and I hiked up Mill Creek the next day. It was perfect fall weather. Then we used our Wendy's coupons for their new cheeseburger, which I must say is absolutely delish.  

This post wouldn't be complete without a shot of Liesel sitting in some picturesque location. Maybe that should be our new blog title: Liesel & Landscapes. 



3 comments:

The Gerharts said...

Fun friend time! Love these posts, Ang!

Gabriella said...

How fun, makes me miss you guys! And that Liesel is sure a beautiful baby.

Sarah said...

I love that picture of Liesel and Owen--they both look like they are doing a good job entertaining themselves ;)