Thursday, November 17, 2011

sneak route

Living in Moab is a lot like living about 20 years ago-- before the internet was the main source of information and newspaper disappeared. I frequently hear "I don't have one of them computers-- I just don't know how to work 'em" at church. Instead of Craigslist-- people wait for the Advertiser (printed even!), instead of online journalism, there's the times independent and the Moab Happenings. Inside this little gem (the Moab Happenings) there is a section devoted to hikes-- usually unique and unknown. Last week I tore out the article and Leslie and I went and checked out a sneak route into Black Bill Canyon. I had hiked to Morning Glory arch before, swimming through the hoards of people and dancing around the poison ivy. . . but this hike (albeit 8 miles instead of 5) was far more pristine and beautiful-- but leading to the same destination. Only downside? See that picture of Liesel in the bottom right? She couldn't make any other expression b/c her face was frozen solid. By the time I got home and Liesel was still freezing I had a wave of motherly guilt drown me until she warmed up in the bathtub and could once again move her mouth. . . not really but really. 

2 comments:

Catherine said...

You are SO lucky to live where you do. I love that you and L have so many adventures (minus the frozen face... good thing she's not at the stage of memories yet). She looks like she's lovin' it in the rest of the pics! MISS YOU!

Mary Grace said...

uhh did they change negro bills canyon to black bill or are you just trying to be PC on your blog? :)