Saturday, January 28, 2012

you've changed.

Leesie surprised us one day when we asked her during dinner where the bears are and she pointed right to the bathroom (there's a photo of two bear cubs). Then we asked where the wolf was and she pointed right to the spot on the wall (notice a photo-theme?)! Today as I was reading three "That's not my. . ." books in a row, every time I asked her where the mouse was, she looked around the page until she spotted him, pointed and looked up. A little sponge I tell you. 

She's also started throwing mini-tantrums. The photo in the bottom right was after I took something she was playing with and the photo in the top left was taken about one second later when I gave it back. But Liesel also gives the sweetest little hugs and will lean over and give you a wet one on the lips when you say "give me a kiss." She was making great progress walking (like 10 steps in a row!) and then decided she wasn't interested and now she'll only do it if I'm holding both hands. She goes down the big twisty red tube slide all by herself. She still loves books and animals and babies and other kids. 

Liesel has also started talking somewhat. She'll say:
bebey (baby) every time she sees one- on the wipes, in a photo, in a book. . .
duh- (duck). She especially loves to point out the duck in her animal book.
dah- (dog) dogs often get the double point as shown in the bottom right photo
djee-je (Jesus)- she's already righteous
and she signs "more" and "milk"-- both of which I only did like twice and she picked right up on. I should probably do more of those. We really love this little pookie. 

6 comments:

Jerry said...

Dang, that girl is getting big! And cute (ok, she already was), and smart, and so righteous! I love how you have literally captured every expression and movement on camera, so I can feel like I am right there watching Miss L point out the bears, ducks and dogs.

Lindsey said...

Oh gosh, I've already looked at this post 3 times because it's so cute. I guess that means I should comment.
1. I can't believe she is so righteous already!
2. I love how she loves animals so much - she must have gotten that from you, Ang. Are you going to help her sponser a Siberian tiger for her 2nd birthday?? (Don't think I forgot all those pics hanging up on our wall when we shared a room...)
3. She has the cutest expressions and I wish I could hear her talk! Smart little girl...
Miss you guys!!!!!

Allison said...

Cute. Cute. Cute. How many ways can you say cute?

Sarah said...

Ha! I love the before and after toy pics. She is so wonderful. I miss her!

gc.hatch said...

My goodness how she's growing up! - talking, walking, following directions! Those little pigtails are cute!

sNick said...

She's definitely a keeper.