Wednesday, May 16, 2012

color palette

We've traded in the warm colors of the desert-- the reds, oranges and pinks-- for the cool greens, blues and grays of the mountains. As I drove in this afternoon and caught my first glimpse of the range jutting out from the foothills, I felt so excited about the new leaves on the aspens, the melting snow and the thunderheads above me! But before I jump ahead, let me explain my lack of blogging lately:


Wondering where we've been? You'll be sorry you asked: after moving out of our house in Moab we moved down to the Needles in Canyonlands for a week, then I flew out of SLC to North Carolina for a Hatch family visit. Meanwhile Brian drove up to the Tetons and started work. 

Sounds simple, but this involved a ton of scrubbing, shining, dusting, washing, lifting, packing, stuffing, crashing in friends houses and a few bouts of throw-up (Liesel at the Needles, me in the airplane. . . thank-you turbulence). While traveling I felt really overwhelmed with the kindness of people. Like in the book A Streetcar Named Desire, she keeps saying, "you can always depend on the kindness of strangers. . ." Thanks to our friends and a few strangers we were able to pull the whole thing off. 

Here are a few photos of our last few days in Moab:  
This little one LOVED collecting caterpillars. Although she kept squishing them when trying to pick them up. 


playing at the park-- a much needed break from "helping me" clean the house.


more to come!

4 comments:

Allison said...

The Hays family is back! Cute shots of Little L.

Lindsey said...

Girl you best devote more than that to the Hatch reunion...

emily marie said...

love andy lewis, love moab, love slacklining, jealous of your climbing, love you!

Catherine said...

I love the little L pics! It was so wonderful to see her and you!! I'll send you the NC pics early next week!