Sunday, May 20, 2012

my roots

Why is it so satisfying to see your child love something that you love? I felt like that the whole time I was in North Carolina. She was eating cracked wheat cereal, peas out of the garden, running around the grass barefoot, getting dirty in the garden, climbing into the red wagon and inspecting every bird, rolly polly and bug that crossed her path. She loved Grandma and Grandpa and I in turn loved having a 100% break. My parents would even come and get her when she woke up so I could sleep a little longer! Who does that? And cooks for you and tells you you need a break and to go sit down? And puts a peonies bouquet in your room because they're your favorite flower? And indulges your TCBY obsession? And takes you out by yourself so that you feel special? Yeah, I feel darn lucky to have my mom and dad. 

It was so great to see my sibblings also! Jana and her kids (Liesel's cousins) came down. Here they are sharing a nude wagon ride while Liesel drinks the hose water off the bottom. Delicious. 


My girls. I love having sisters. They make my world a better place and I really don't know what we would do without each other. Emily should have been in this picture, but there will be plenty more of her from our trip to Charleston SC in her neck of the woods. 

My mom reading to Kayla and Liesel. 

At the Museum of Life and Science with everyone. 


Catherine, Liesel, Allyson and Spencer. Emily-- where were you? I couldn't find any pictures of you and Meggy!


4 comments:

Allison said...

What a great NC visit! Favorite picture = L. with berry juice between her fingers.

gc.hatch said...

I'm so glad that Jana, Adrienne and Kayla made the effort to come down and spend a few days with Angela and Liesel and that Emily, Allyson, Spencer and Meggie got to overlap as well! Yeah for cousin, Auntie and sister time!

River Nomads said...

I LOVED this post. Makes me miss my family SO darn mucho!

River Nomads said...

I LOVED this post. Makes me miss my family SO darn mucho!