Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Huckleberry/"Happy-dee"

My mom and dad on their honeymoon at Island Park, Idaho with a bag full of huckleberries.

Liesel testing the produce 

Went huckleberry picking with Liesel and another mom, Kate, who lives around these parts.Liesel learned pretty fast what huckleberries looked like and was constantly saying "happy-dee!" as she picked and then proceeded to eat. I was a little nervous we'd have a Blueberrie's for Sal moment (my favorite kid's book btw) but we didn't see any bears gorging on their favorite food (berries-- not people, fyi). 


I'll have to go back with Brian when we can have four hands picking and only two stealing them for snacks!

2 comments:

sNick said...

Whoa, I love that last picture of Liesel.

gc.hatch said...

That's a cute picture of Dad and me! Yes, we picked huckleberries on our honeymoon! Looks like Liesel loves them! Glad you got to pick a few and didn't run into any bears.