Thursday, July 12, 2012

just a taste

Life has been b.u.s.y. lately. Brian's dad was in town, the Collette's (my mom's family) had a family reunion in the Swan Valley/Idaho Falls area, my 90-year-old grandmother Hatch passed away peacefully in her sleep and I attended her funeral and then I traveled with my mom and dad back home for four days of fun. 
home sweet home with my awesome folks.

grandma and Liesel

Liesel tasting chocolate chip cookie dough. . . healthy breakfast, eh?


playing speed scrabble by the river-- despite my mom's boasting she came in last. . . Brian won of course! We played till it was too dark to see then crashed so we could get a good sleep before our overnight in Cascade Canyon. 

waiting out a thunderstorm before canoeing on Leigh Lake. Funny story: my mom is REALLY afraid of bears. Really. After the storm passed there were still a few rolls of thunder and my mom decided to stay back and wait on the shore with Liesel while my dad and I paddled around for a bit (she later got in and paddled with us). As we were hiking back, we found out there was a bear not even 100 yards from where she was sitting and waiting. Needless to say EVERYONE on the trail hiking was informed of the imminent danger ahead.

 I really really loved having my parents here. There's only so much you can tell of a person's life through phone calls, emails and blogs. . . it's entirely another thing to jump in the cold creek with them, look at the stars at night, see the moose on the trail, cook in their kitchen and tip-toe around the house after Liesel goes to bed. It's so good to share my life with people I admire and love so much. 

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

LOVE IT! I love your details in the last paragraph...so your life! I'm excited to move out west so I can take part in your life again (can I just say you lead an awesome life, btdub)

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of Mom and Liesel. So adorable! Good photography skillz girrll

gc.hatch said...

Oh we had fun! I want to do it again! I love that photo of me and Liesel on the bridge!