Saturday, July 21, 2012

man stuff

I just walked down to the rescue cache to meet Brian. He's been gone for a few days climbing (N ridge of the Grand) with another ranger visiting from Black Canyon. I'm waiting for him to put his gear away and now he's talking climbing with a co-worker. . .
Brian has done some seriously cool things this summer. I love this picture of him on Mt. Owen with the Grand behind him. This was serendipity arete (the Alex Lowe variation) on Mt. Owen. 

him on the splitter cracks

The next couple of photos Brian took while short-hauling:  


Marty and Brian--- posing for a self portrait 3,000ft in the air. 


He also got to climb the North Face of the Grand. This is a pretty amazing route that climbs the steepest face of the Grand all the way to the summit. Then they cruised down the other side to the ranger hut on the saddle and spent the next few days up there climbing and helping with a search for a missing person. 

Brian almost in full camouflage. 

7 comments:

Mary Grace said...

well i know what i wanna be when i grow up... haha

Catherine said...

Those photos from the air are intense! Brian is definitely a manly man. No fear. I'm impressed!!

Lindsey said...

my brother from another mother is so hard core!

Leslie said...

That second to last photo terrifies me. I would be mess on that snpw. Love the short haul photos.

gc.hatch said...

Wow! He's high up! Why does everything look so much farther away when you're on the top looking down versus the bottom looking up?

Gary said...

Brian, I would like to know what was challenging about the North Face. Was it just part of a normal day?

Gary said...

Brian, I would like to know what was challenging about the North Face. Was it just part of a normal day?