Wednesday, September 5, 2012

simply complicated

This beautiful sunrise greeted us as we unzipped the tent Tuesday morning. The sun is directly inside of the north window in Arches Nat'l Park. Liesel woke up at 6am which is a typical routine for camping and I was grateful. It had been a while since I had watched the sunrise. Our spontaneous camping trip was more of a necessity than a vacation. We decided to bring everything up to Moab on Labor Day so we could play in town and then run errands on Tuesday (B was off and things were open). It worked out pretty well (says the pregnant woman who should have brought 4 more pillows. . .)

So we've noticed something lately. Our lives are either VERY simple (think no people, cars, noise, stores . . .) or VERY complicated (think driving 1.5hrs for milk, remembering enough diapers to get through 5hr church ordeal, camping to avoid long drives, bringing a cooler to transport your dairy, etc). Tuesday, while it had it's complicated moments, was a very very good day. 

We were able to make it to an early doctor's appointment after eating the usual at McD's and later toured the hospital. It made me so. so. so. excited for our little girls arrival in 6 weeks! It made it so real. You would think watching her roll around in my massive stomach would be real enough, but picturing us in the hospital with two kids was a great feeling.

 I didn't get photos of our pb&j lunch at the park, swimming at the pool (swimming a mile felt amazing!!!), hanging with our buds Heidi and Skyler or stuffing our car full of more boxes from our storage unit. 


 The simple part of our life involves a lot of me and L time. We hang out, I cook, I clean, I walk. She talks, she makes mess, she looks for lizards, digs in the dirt, and can be heard saying 
"mommy, sit down" several times a day. 
OR: "hungry-- food to eat?"
while carrying toys, crayons, diapers, clothes, carrots etc to different parts of the house. 


6 comments:

Catherine said...

I love simple moments. It must be surreal realizing you'll be the parents of 2 soon! I'm sure the little girlie waiting in your belly is getting super excited to meet her new amazing fam!
ps: I'm lovin' the new camera. Very cool pics!

Allison said...

Wow, you just brought me back to my life with my toddler daughter in Chaco Canyon. Your "Simply complicated" describes the isolated ranger family perfectly.

gc.hatch said...

I love the COLOR in this post - in Liesel's clothes and her marker drawing!

emily marie said...

it's not complicated, it's ORGANIZED! Simple is the best way to live! You are the best example of how to do it!! I'm so excited for baby!!! And moab and L getting big and I'm REALLY stoked about her cute little pony tail. So fun!

sNick said...

I love that you camp to avoid long drives. We must be kindred spirits.

The Gerharts said...

Ang, your photoraphy has gotten really amazing! I love these photos. I love how simple/comlicated your life is! I can't believe you swam a mile and only have 6 weeks of pregnancy to go . . . girl, you are amazing! I can't wait to see your little baby girl, too!