Friday, August 31, 2012

so long for now . . .

We packed up and said goodbye to the Tetons last week. I'll miss our (more than) daily walks to the bridge and creek (seen above). I'll miss Teewinot. I'll miss not seeing the aspens turn yellow next to our cabin. But it's only goodbye for now. 

Liesel helping us wash the cars. By "helping" I mean making a huge mess, filling her diapers with dirt and dumping over the bucket of soapy water. 

 Towards the end of summer you start to get the "Heidi Effect"-- I remember thinking it was so funny in the book how she would wear 9 dresses on top of each other and then shed the layers as the mountains warmed up throughout the day. Well, that's what we do too. All of these photos were from the same day. You start out in sweaters and tights and end up splashing in a puddle in your diaper. 
At least there are plenty of rocks at the Needles! Trading our gneiss in for sandstone. 


Liesel was very concerned about the dirt between her toes. After playing in the puddle she looked at her feet and said "OH nooooo!!! Dirty!" Um. . . just a little. 

So now we're here at the Needles, Canyonlands and I'm feeling the nesting urge. I sorted through our newborn clothes a few days ago and am feeling antsy to get our little home organized. 



4 comments:

Allison said...

The Heidi affect. I love that. I can just picture it. Pictures of Liesel in the mud are always some of my favorite. Have fun in the Needles!

The Gerharts said...

Lil L has the best toddler photos ever! These are so great! I hope you guys can have just as much fun in the Needles as you did this summer.

Catherine said...

Man, cute little L - dirty toes and all. I'll miss your Teton + L pics!

gc.hatch said...

I'm glad you all had such a positive time in the Tetons this summer! It sure went by fast!