Friday, March 15, 2013

lazy Sundays and aunt Mary

while Liesel has warmed up considerably to Hannah these days, we still had to bribe her. . . what this kid will do for one marshmallow out of a Lucky Charm box. 

 Brian's Aunt Mary (who is actually not his aunt, but his dad's) makes the most beautiful smocked dresses.  And being in her mid-80s hasn't slowed her down. A few weeks ago she sent us a package with two beautiful handmade dresses. Smocking is an art and I should have taken a close up of the detail in them-- it is really astounding how the fabric is gathered together to make it look like a whole new design. 

The girls looked so classic and timeless. 

on a side note: Liesel ran up to me today while I was fixing dinner (she had bonked her head) and said, "pick you up and sing you the hush little baby song?!" Needless to say, .2 seconds later I was doing just that. 
 Hannah needs more of this. Time with just daddy is scarce these days. Although I've been so impressed at how Brian will always take the girls and hold, read or play with them every chance he gets.



 pretty sure I could hold Hannah every day for the rest of my life. 
 My babies. I adore how innocent Liesel looks in this picture. 
little sisters. 

4 comments:

Fern said...

Oh man Angela, Hanna looks like a cabbage patch doll. She's so cute it hurts. I can't take it.

Jerry said...

Love these pictures! What lucky little ladies to have such a loving mommy. And it's nice to B in a picture again. That man is busy!

gc.hatch said...

Angela, those dresses are really heirlooms! Smocking is soooo much work! They look adorable in them! That picture of Brian and Hannah is so cute! That last one of Liesel looking into Hannah's eyes is darling! Thank you for taking these pictures and sharing them! Your photography skillz are really showcased with such adorable subjects!

Allison said...

I love how in the black and white photo Liesel's eyes match your eyes perfectly. Aunt Mary is still crafting her masterpieces! She made priceless boy outfits for Matt and Brian too--I'm just waiting for a baby boy in the family to hand them on.