Sunday, January 26, 2014

Bo-Bannah, Hannah-Banana, Hanny, H-factor, Hannah.


15 months. Miss Hannah has been in our life for 15 months. It seems so short and long at the same time. If I could bottle her little personality and shelve it for when I need a good laugh, I would. Everything she does makes me laugh.
It is so hard to capture just what Hannah is like. From the onset she seems fairly chill. Maybe even a little quiet. She doesn't crack an open-mouth smile easily (to bare her 11 adorable teeth). But there is a fierceness and intensity in this little gal. She knows what she wants. She struts around the house. She'll be eating a snack in her chair and the next thing I know she doesn't have a shirt on. Brian went in to get her the other morning and she was in her crib in only a diaper. Pjs off and out of the crib, blankets and teddy on the ground. 
I genuinely think Hannah believes she can talk. A-jimmi-ja-mama? Translation: scrape out the last bit of yogurt here for me. Jaaa mama jiu. (while holding out her empty bowl and spoon). Translation: more now. If she doesn't like something on her tray, she MUST throw it on the ground. When her milk is gone, she gets angry and rips the sippy cup out of her mouth repeatedly (there are gaping holes in the rubber now). Sometimes she speaks in entire paragraphs. 
Hannah is excellent at letting me know exactly what she wants or doesn't want. For example: tried to put on a pair of red overalls the other day. She was kicking and screaming and twisting. I thought, there is no way this child is angry b/c she doesn't want to wear these. But I got a new pair of pants and she was totally chill and let me put them right on. Her treat radar is impeccable and she WILL see that cookie you're secretly trying to eat. 
Hannah is really nurturing with her little baby. She takes care of her, gives her bottles and hugs. Although I did see her sitting on her and bouncing on her belly the other day to activate the laughing button in her belly. 
She understands simple commands. Today I found her socks in the fridge (?) and asked her to put them away. She grabbed them and strutted off to her room. I can ask her to get her shoes, pick up a few toys or find something and she'll generally do it. She doesn't listen at all when I tell her to stop eating dirt and sand, but I know she understands me completely. 
She loves walking around and blowing her nose into toilet paper. And she really does blow correctly. I'm pretty sure everyone in RS las week at church was laughing as she walked around the room with a wipe repeatedly blowing her nose. 
She is incredibly coordinated. Her motor skills are great and she rides her trike pretty darn well. I feel like she'll be sporty, but who knows? 
And her blankie. Hannah has a pink knitted blankie she received from a family friend named Sylvia Height when she was born. She LOVES this blankie. She likes to stick her fingers in the holes and rub her blanket as she falls asleep. If she sees it, she has to hold it. Sometimes I'll adjust my rear-view mirror in the car so I can watch her chubby hand pet her blankie as she falls asleep in the car. Her saggy cheeks and grumpy expression KILL me. 
Every night after I wrap her up, I pick her up to say her prayer and she'll rest her head on my shoulder. I'll stay there for as long as she'll leave it. 
We love Hannah and are so glad she's part of our family. 

4 comments:

Allison said...

She's so cute with that baby. Great series of photos of Hannah! Love her.

The Gerharts said...

She reminds me of my little sister who was born when I was ten =) Spunky, determined, yet chill and happy! And you find yourself smiling at the things she does, without really knowing why. So cute!

Lindsey said...

Man this post is to die for! I miss that girl and can't believe she's growing up without me! For some reason, I always thought Hannah would be a baby forever (?) and now she seems like she has grown up so much! Love her!! Can't wait to see her soon ish!!!

gc.hatch said...

There is something about those big blue eyes and that innocent looking face that has "mischief" written all over it! What a darling series of pictures and expressions! I can't wait to get reacquainted with her!
And it's so cute to see how much she loves her dolly! (Which is half as big as she is...)