Tuesday, January 28, 2014

sematiya!

Liesel has a word she uses often when she is angry at someone (which is almost always Hannah or I). She makes her best angry face and yells: SEMA-TIYA! 

Once I said it to her to see what she would do. She looked at me in surprise and said, "mom! Don't say that. That's a mean word."

Another one she likes to yell is "SIYOTE!" Apparently S's and Y's make great fake swear words. 

And right now as I type this she's singing the song from Daniel Tiger: "When you feel so mad that you wanna roar! Take a deep breath, and count to four. 1. . . 2.  . .3. . . 4" (complete with descending hand). 

Toddler rage cracks me up. In ten years or so, I may not be laughing anymore. ;)

And since I'm on the subject of sass. . . Miss Liesee frequently gives me a smile that makes me do a double-take. I've seen Gone With the Wind enough to see a little bit of Miss Scarlet O'hara in that mischievous-sweet-girl grin. All Liesel needs to add is a "fiddle-dee-dee" and I'm pretty sure she'd be cast. And her look of defiance/indifference? Spot on. ;)



5 comments:

The Gerharts said...

Hahahahaha!!

Allison said...

Hilarious. Spot on is right.

gc.hatch said...

Yes, toddler rage IS funny ..... I wonder where she got those words? Pretty creative, that's all I can say! Are you sure you didn't show her that picture of Scarlet O'Hare and tell her to make the same face? So FUNNY!

Brian Hays said...

I didn't! She literally made those faces within the course of two minutes!

Catherine said...

This is too good for words!