Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Saint Valentine. Just a little early!

We surprised the dad's with a plate of decorated heart cookies at work.  One of the perks of living where you work is surprising them with love notes and sugar cookies! I know it's still January, but Jan and I have always had a rocky history. . . hands down the most difficult month and I find I'm always anxious by the time it's drawing to a close. 
Love that L is picking her nose here. 
 I would have to disagree that Valentine's Day was designed for couples. It was hands-down created for little girls to plaster the world in pink hearts and consume insane amounts of sugar. And I mean insane. Frosting, lemonade, cookie, cupcake, jelly, lollipop, candy heart insane. 

But look at photo #3. And let me ask you a question: does that look like the face of a happy child? Yeah. And parties like this give me collateral for good behavior for days. One mention of a cupcake to miss L and she'll be doing _______ with new found determination. 

Heidi planned a Valentine party for the kids in our group of friends. Surprisingly, just about everyone made the 150m roundtrip drive. Always fun to get together with friends!

4 comments:

sNick said...

Liesel is beyond cute. I always love the pictures you post of her grins.

I'm a January hater, too. Sorry, J, it's not you, it's not me, it's us.

Lindsey said...

These pictures are to die for. I'm obsessed with Liesel- she is so full of personality! I love her to pieces! What a ball of energy. I love the expressions you caught on camera!

ps. I also hate January. Today it rained and the inversion lifted and I saw the mountains for the first time in like 3 weeks. I literally almost cried and dropped all my plans to go running in the muddy ugly (but inversion-less!!!) streets today! But luckily Jan is almost over and then it's red hearts and all. xox

gc.hatch said...

That 3rd picture is P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S!
What is it about hearts, pink, valentines and girls with curls and pretty dresses that makes the world look like such a happy place!
My goodness they all looked like they were in valentine heaven! Did daddy like the cookies?

The Gerharts said...

Love this! What a F.U.N. party! Why have I not done one of these for my little girl? The cupcakes are adorable, as are the decorations. What fun to decorate cookies! Love it!