Sunday, January 12, 2014

Liesee, L, L-chop, L-bop, shoog, Liesel.

Dr. Liesel (the name tag  and her photo on the kit are her favorite parts)/ eating snow. If we're outside, she's eating snow, or ice or an m&m she found in the corner of a dusty tire store. . .

Yesterday was Brian's day off. Hannah took an unusually massive nap. Brian was working on stripping the stain from the table. So Liesel and I took a walk. We played on the rocks just she and I. And believe it or not, that is more rare than it should be. Not playing on the rocks, that happens multiple times a day-- but the one-on-one play. We broke the ice on the potholes, threw rocks on them, ate the ice from the potholes (I know, gross.), she biked over the slickrock and fell. We rode her pretend horse.

And she talked the entire time.
She always does, but with Hannah around there is definitely more frustration. 

She decided to ride her bike home (even down the big hill), and she made it no problem. While she was talking to me, probably telling me about her princess crown that we found in the middle of the road or that a car was coming (which was 9x out of 10 an airplane or nothing), I looked at her and fell in love all over again. 
I wish I could have recorded that whole afternoon with her. She was so happy and cheerful, talkative and kind. I'm slowly learning who Liesel is as a person, and I pray every night to be able to get to know her; her personality, her talents & skills, her weaknesses, her strengths-- so that I can help build her, teach her and give her all that I can. I subbed in primary today and she didn't see me come in, so I just watched her sitting on sister Maughn's lap, watching her mouth move slightly off while singing I am a Child of God. She is getting so big. And smart. 

The other day we were out on a walk to look at the cave:
"The cave makes me feel jealous, so I need to sit on this wood and think." (proceeds to sit on a log next to a campfire ring). "Okay, I feel better now. Let's go."

She has an unusual fear/obsession with sharks. They intrigue and terrify her. When playing with her animal figurines, she always specifies that the dinos, alligator and big cats are nice. 

Whenever she sees a horse (which is often since they're next to the road when we drive to town), she says:
"I really really wish that I would have a horse just like that." 
me too, honey.

She likes picking out her own clothes. Her favorites right now are a hot pink glitter skirt and a hot pink shirt with shoes on it (they have bows on the toes and a jeweled bow on a little pocket). 

Imitates Hannah's noises, screams and babbles. This drives me nuts. 

Makes up words all the time. My favorites: Grieg & Loopis. She told me what it meant once, but I can't remember. She told me I was a luna-leah yesterday. ? 

Got her first haircut New Years Day. She thought it was going to hurt despite my reassurances. Only a trim to get rid of the long, wispy baby hairs. 

4 comments:

Allison said...

Hey, she even has the demeanor of a doctor. Hug her for me.

The Gerharts said...

She is so cute! Love Liesel!

gc.hatch said...

I could imagine myself going on that walk with you and Liesel (one on one) and hearing her say all those cute things, chatting away....I feel like she is growing up SO FAST these days. I thought it was so cute when you said you were "falling in love all over again" with her.

gc.hatch said...

It makes me so happy to see she likes the doctor kit and to get to see a picture of her carrying it. I didn't think that she would like the name tag - that surprises me.