Sunday, March 23, 2014

It's almost a memory.

I realized I have never posted a photo of our house. Now that we're about to move, I figured it was a good time to do it. This whole unit is mirrored on the other side where other employees sometimes stay-- but what you see here is ours. 

Only one more month and we are moving back to Moab. We've been down here for 20 months now and it is hard to believe that it will soon be something I'm going to say I did instead of I'm doing. Kind of a miracle considering our plan was to move back when the house was complete sometime in August/September. Suddenly, Brian gets an email that the house we rented in Moab before is about to be vacant May 1st, and they wanted us to move in at a discounted rate and do some work on the place for a few months until our house is complete.  The next day, we were set to move back May 2nd. There is one major downside: Brian will still be working here at the Needles during the week. 

Brian's dad came and stayed for a day-- we went to Indian Creek falls. The plan was to do a hike, but as soon as the kids saw the water, the dogs, the sticks, the rocks and the mud-- our hike went right out the window. We did convince them to walk about .5m downstream to avoid the spring break crowd. Liesel was a complete Amazon woman. She made a shirt and leggings out of mud. She danced all over the place singing songs about a "mud party." Hannah wanted to play in the dry sand and throw rocks in the water but the temperature was too cold for her liking. 

Liesel also gave her first talk in Primary today. She shared a story about how her chick (#2, #1 actually did die from being stepped on) had a hurt leg and she prayed that it would get better. We went out to check and it was healed ("just like Jesus heals the people!" she said). She also wanted to sing "I'm trying to be Like Jesus." I told her to go for it. And boy did she ever. Right into the microphone and she crescendoed like it was American Idol. I may have teared up, even if the girl on the front row had her ears plugged. To me, it was the sweetest thing in the world and I felt a burst of mama-bear in me that wanted to tell the giggling 6-year-olds to get out and stay out! but instead I just hoped that L wouldn't notice. I want her confidence to go on being unshakable for as long as possible.  


3 comments:

Leslie said...

I seriously wish I could have seen her give her talk! What precious photos of you and the girls.

sNick said...

Oh man, I love Liesel. I know I don't know her very well, but everything I read about her here I just adore.

The Gerharts said...

Wish I could have heard the talk, too! Ha ha, American Idol meets Primary, so cute! Love the chick story she shared, and most of all that you encouraged her to share from the heart. I love these photos. They are some of my favorites! I am so happy for your miracle move to Moab!