Wednesday, March 12, 2014

please meet Gail and Pink Roses.

This is Gail. Who is also been known as Harry, Earring, and Gary. The black one is named Pink Roses. And that is our 2nd Pink Roses. The first one didn't make it after Liesel accidentally stepped on him in the middle of the hubbub of showing them off to her friends. He lived for several more days, but the yellow chick is very very bossy/pushy and would steal all of his food out of his mouth. He wasn't quick enough (hobbling around) to get enough to eat. 

It has been nice to have them around since the kids have been so sick this week. Bad colds. Hannah takes after Brian in the sickness department. She (no joke) moans all day and wants me to hold her. Sorry B, but that is just like you. ;)

Liesel ignores the fact that she's sick unless it will get her: 1)more TV 2)Apple Juice or the big 3) ATTENTION. This girl cannot get enough of it lately. She begs me to put Hannah down for naps and cried today when she woke up. She played with daddy for over an hour tonight-- drawing a huge castle with chicks in it and flowers. She went to bed very happy. Then woke up two hours later having peed through her pull-up. She told me she was "all sweat!" 

We found out we are moving to Moab the beginning of May. It came completely out of the blue and it was a wonderful surprise. Sort of a miracle honestly. I wasn't sure how I was going to pull of these weddings, trying to help build our house etc living 75m away. 

Decided to go private today. On my blog and my Facebook. I tried to remove as many photos of the close-ups of the kids as I could. Having worked so much with Photoshop, I have realized how easy it is to switch faces and heads. Plus, I figured that maybe my kids should have a say in their photos being available to the public and I was making that decision for them. And for Brian's job, it makes sense. Honestly, I hate having to jump through a hoop to see someone's blog, but oh well. 

4 comments:

Dan~Alyssa said...

Glad I am in the cool club and can still read your blog! I love reading your daily adventures and wishing that we lived someplace other than Texas. You bring a piece of the outdoors that i love and miss, and don't really have access to at this point. Okay, I could find those places here but who really wants to drive 8 hours when I was used to it being only 8 minutes...Anyway I love the ducks! and Funny about pink roses! also where did they get gail? couldn't help but think of your mom...lol glad you are doing well! so does Moab for the summer mean that Tetons is out of the picture now? either way, If I ever move back West I hope we can come visit you and have an adventure! I love how curious your girls are! Leisel climbing trees and everything! Lov and Miss you guys!

Emily said...

I wish I could meet Gail and Pink Roses in person!! They are adorable, although not as cute as L and H. I'm glad the sick little ladies are enjoying so much fun with their new chick friends. And I'm glad that you are allowed to have chicks after all!

Catherine said...

Pink roses has got to be the best name for a chick EVER! Haha. That sad L stepped on the other chick, but glad the name lives on.
AND how did you not mention you're moving to Moab when I talked with you on the phone yesterday?!! Are you excited?

Allison said...

So the 5 play horses Matt gave Liesel, each of them named "Pink Roses" by Liesel, now have a chick in the Pink Roses family as well, eh?