Sunday, January 11, 2015

Liesel Liesel Liesel!

I can see future Liesel on the left. 
This makes me want to wake her up and smother her with kisses. Although if I did that in real life, she would not be happy. :)
She was really annoyed I wanted her to wear jeans instead of her pretty dress. I was trying to get Hannah and her to match, but she wasn't having it. 
bright eyes.


 This weeks preschool lesson seemed to make an impression on Liesel. It was about germs and this child is suddenly washing her hands like no ones business. Which, imnotgunnalie, I've perhaps erred on the other extreme side seeing what a germ phobia does to people. But I figure it's better than watching her lick stuff off the floor, which I've seen her do also. 

We watched the Joseph Smith movie tonight and Liesel kept asking questions about what life was like back then. I found her washing her hands in a bowl b/c that's what they were doing in the movie. During bath time this afternoon, she was teaching Hannah about the circulatory system and telling her to feel her heart beat and that was bringing blood to her body. She was feeling her ribs the other day and said, "mom, look at this-- I can feel my spine!" At lunch we were eating BLT's and she found a blob of fat and said she didn't want to eat it because it was just fat and fat isn't healthy. Then she asked, "can wheat from bread make you fat?" I realized she was wondering about yeast since she had seen it bubble up when I was making bread a few weeks ago. I assured her that yeast wouldn't make her blow up like a balloon. Not sure where all this was coming from, but she has shown interest in health and body lately. I couldn't find her this afternoon and when I asked her where she was she told me she was looking at herself in the mirror in my closet. "What did you see?" I asked. "A princess." Right on miss Liesel. 

This week she biked with me for quite a long ways when we were headed to the church gym to play with Owen. She got distracted on the bike path when we passed the high school since a large group of teens was outside chatting. She crashed and they all started laughing. I seriously felt something inside that I have felt only a handful of times. A colliding of anger and love all at once that left me feeling like I had to choose between screaming at the teenagers or giving her a hug. I finally chose neither and watched her get back on and keep riding totally unaffected. 

We also went on a hike with Leslie & Co in Arches-- she and Owen were playing all over the rocks. She found a stick that looked like a bow and another like an arrow and spent a lot of time shooting hippos. I may have told her they were more dangerous than crocodiles and now she has it out for the gargantuan swimmers. They climbed on trees and pretended that they were going to grandma Hatches house. Two days before we did a mile hike in Arches and she was ahead almost the whole time doing her own thing with Owen and Rylee. I like seeing her with friends. 

She has been experimenting with dishonesty for the first time these last two weeks. 

We went bowling last night for a friend's birthday party. There were a lot of kids and she was really into bowling and seemed to love it. Especially when the disco lights came on and black light. Hannah on the other hand whined at my knees all night. . . she was so tired and is on this kick of just wanting me all the time. 

Today in Primary she told the chorister that she couldn't help hold the sign anymore because she was just, "so so tired" and needed to sit down. I totally laughed. She was completely serious. 

Yesterday at the store she was staring longingly at this box of circus animal crackers. The same box I stared at longingly as a kid. I caved and told her to put two in the cart. Right before dinner. "Why are you buying that?" she asked with a smile "because I love you!" "You're buying it because you love me and you want me to know it. I love you mommy!" and gave me a huge hug. The power of junk food, people. I made she and Hannah promise that they would eat their broccoli at dinner. That is the only thing they ate. ;) 











3 comments:

Catherine said...

It's 10 minutes to midnight and I should be in bed like a normal adult, but I checked my email one last time and couldn't resist the tsunami. I LOVE THESE PICS!! You capture their personalities so freely…I love these girls! I haven't actually read the captions that go with the posts, cause I should go to bed, but I couldn't resist a peak. LOVE IT!!!

The Gerharts said...

L's questions and comments seem so much older than her age! She really has a knack for understanding things. I love that she now has friends, and loves to hike! Perfect for Moab, and that she can bike so well now too! It's cute to see her and Hannah together and having fun. They are precious!

Lindsey said...

Ha ha so funny - all the tid bits (animal crackers - are they the frosted one's? Those are so good and I still secretely love them).

I love the pics - soooo beautiful!!! And so full of personality. Love this little bundle of creativity and life. Can't wait till this weekend!!! :)