Sunday, January 11, 2015

Thanksgiving


 Enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving with Allison and Sarah. The girls really really love Aunt Sarah. After living with us this summer, she has a special place in their little hearts. We hadn't seen her since saying goodbye and sending her back to BYU in late August, so it was so fun to have her and Allison back again. We hiked Delicate Arch together, cut down a Christmas Tree and sledded up in the mountains and snow, got frozen yogurt for Liesel's birthday (I swear this b-day lasted two weeks. . .), and had a great time together. Thanksgiving day was wonderful. Brian had to work, so we planned on eating at 5:30. The Long's came over and had dinner with us which is always a treat. It doesn't feel like a holiday dinner to me without inviting people over. 

So much to be thankful for in 2014. So so so much. I received a Christmas card from my friend Nicki Preece a few weeks ago. She had done some seriously incredible things in 2014 and traveled to a billion places-- but her card was covered in pictures of her with friends and family. "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." was across the card. I realized that with all of our doing and going and achieving, the thing I am most grateful for are the people in my life that enrich and bless it every day. That is the "abundance" in our lives. 

No comments: