Sunday, January 11, 2015

More and more Hannah


I want to remember her little fat suit forever. That chub doesn't last long and she'll look like a little girl before I know it! Love little toddlers. 
her fake and in pain smile. 


I have been obsessed with her flat little profile since the day she was born. 

All done mommy. 
THESE TWO!! These sessions were completely impromptu. I had already done Liesel the day before, but she wanted to join and dressed herself and waltzed right in. I love the unaffected way they look. 

My pancake helper. Hannah will climb on my in bed and tell me wants "pantakes--I luwv panctakes mommy!"


 Hannah overload here. If there is such a thing. It is hard to get overloaded on Hannah. Although today during church she kept elbowing my pregnant belly and would not climb down and I then I got really really hot and she refused to sit anywhere but on me. . . but I love this little gal. 

She is officially potty-trained. She has passed the point where I have to remember to take her all the time and she knows when to go and will let me know most of the time. It kills me to see those chubby little legs running around in big girl undies. She learned quickly and it just sort of happened. I knew I was going to try before baby#3 comes, but she showed interest, started pulling off her diaper and we went with it. This was her second Sunday in undies and her second full week with no diapers. She even wakes up in the morning dry and will go first thing if I actually pull myself out of bed in time to go get her. I need to move her to a toddler bed for that reason, but I'm dreading it. 

She has moved on from naps, although today she fell asleep on Brian while he was reading books to her and Liesel on her bed. I think that's happened never. They look so precious when they sleep. I love sneaking into their rooms at night to watch them. They are always on the move, so it's my only chance to watch their angelic faces in total peace. 

Verbally, she has taken off. She even tries to tell stories, which I love. Yesterday she told me about when Brian took her and Cee-Cee to the Rock shop. I should have recorded it. She was trying so hard. 

She and Liesel are either loving or fighting each other these days. Hannah can be a real pill and will sometimes tell me she wants to "be mean!" I cannot tell her what to do-- I have to go about it in a more artful way. If I demand she do something, she won't do it at all. I find myself caving on so many levels with her that I didn't with L. I guess we turn into different parents with each one. Lately Hannah has taken to telling people she misses them. I went to ward council this morning before the girls were awake, when I got home they were eating breakfast with messy bed-head and Hannah jumps up from the bench (since she refuses to eat in her booster anymore) and reaches across the table excitedly saying, "mommy! I miss you! I miss you mommy!" genuinely thrilled to see me. Heart-melter. 

I love my girls. They are so incredibly unique. So smart, wise and bright-eyed. So gifted in different ways. So beautiful, robust and healthy. 

And they grow and change so much so fast. 

Brian commented on how the kids were getting more manageable at church and we can actually listen now. "must be time to add another one" he joked. But true. I'm excited to meet our new little gal. Hit 30 weeks this week, so it's the home stretch now. 








2 comments:

The Gerharts said...

I love these vignettes! The girls are so unique and fun. I love to see their personalities emerge as they grow. The pictures capture their expressions and emotions so well! Love them!

Lindsey said...

Ohh oh oh,, Hannah is seriously a crackup. Loved the stories about her. Still stubborn but also so loving "I miss you mommy" ha ha!!

I LOVE those photos. Can't wait to see her soon :)