Sunday, March 15, 2015

Still a duo, almost a trio.




 about 4 days away from due date now. I have never felt more anxious than I have this time around... not anxious/nervous, but anxious/end-this. I think it's because I have wondered multiple times if I was actually in labor-- that that is killing me! The BH contractions are killer this time around. The wrap around my belly and back and have to breath through them kind. When Brian got home from a SAR last night at 1:15am, I had woken up three minutes before with a killer one. And I tried for the next two hours to stay quiet while I had them every 15-20 minutes. Finally they stopped and I fell asleep. I was expecting to awaken a have to go in, but nope. 

Interesting that we'll have three daughters soon. I'm sure as soon as we meet this little gal, we'll feel like we know her/love her, but it is so hard to picture exactly what it will be like before it happens. I've never been good at waiting for good things to happen. 

Brian has been gone so much lately. Like all the time. He was gone last night on a rescue and then again tonight doing the paperwork. I think he's only home about one night a week. We moved both girls into one room on bunkbeds. This makes bedtime more difficult and inevitably we get less sleep. They wake earlier and go to sleep later. Some of that is the longer days too. I'm also trying to wean them both from pull-ups. They have stayed dry the last two nights, but haven't woken on their own to go potty. Kind of hard to get Liesel down from that top bunk and take her, but I'm sure that will be easier when I'm not 9 months pregnant. 

Took our boat out last week on Monday with the Babcock family. They are the most chill family on the planet and very easy to hang with. It was so nice to be out and on the water, but I feel like everything is slightly blasé lately. I'm blaming it on pregnancy. I don't feel energized about anything and just want to sit all the time. I really don't enjoy that feeling and it makes me think something is wrong with me. Have to remember that I'll return to normal. 

We bought the girls chicks this week. I got 7 thinking that one would be a rooster (their accuracy at guessing sex is 80%) and one would die. So far, looks like I'm right. Liesel loves them and Hannah likes them. Hannah has a little yellow chick that she named "Emmy" -- it's the name she picks for everything. Fits nicely with our grandma names/flowers theme. Here our the names:
Melba
Gayle
Rosie (will probably die despite Liesel's constant prayers for a miraculous healing. Her faith is astounding and I hope my adult doubt is proved wrong).
Zinnia
Emmy
Daisy 
and the last one is B's pick, but he hasn't decided. 

Goal: Irrigation system installed tomorrow and the next day. I feel bad that it's all up to Brian, but between pregnancy and the kids, I'm a pretty worthless helper. THRILLED to have a yard soon. 

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ok, these are seriously adorable. I'm dying! My heart is to the brim of auntie love for these two girls!! Love them!!

gc.hatch said...

Those are such CUTE pictures!!