Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thursday in March

Happy one-week birthday to Miss Felicity! Going on day six now of bed rest… Although I have to admit today's been the first day that I've been able to get up and move quite a bit. I actually took a shower for the first time since Sunday and brushed my hair and got dressed. It seems like the blood patch was effective and that the headache has gone away, but I feel cautiously optimistic since the last one worked tfor 48 hours before failing.

The procedure was kind of comical since I had a complete anxiety attack when trying to sign the medical waiver and again at the start of the blood patch. High blood pressure, tense muscles, fast breathing, tears and shaking... I was totally freaked out that I was making a wrong choice since medical intervention is what had caused the pain in the first place. I was terrified of permanent damage. The anesthetist did a really good job of addressing my concerns and switched out a member of the team for someone more seasoned at blood draws. I made it through it with Brian's help to help me stay calm, relaxed and to hold up my head and upper body since I had to stay limp to be relaxed and draw sterile blood after the epidural catheter was in. So glad that's over... And I've realized that people have no idea what this is. Someone told Brian today that they had an epidural headache for a few days a a massage really helped...  Hmmmm. 

Brian finish the sprinkler system and it works awesome!  





2 comments:

Allison said...

I am so glad your headache is gone. For good, we hope. Thanks for all the adorable baby/family pics! Love you, Angela and fam!

Drew & Becky said...

Praying for you lots Angela!! Felicity is absolutely darling! I hope that you are able to heal from birth extra fast on bed rest and get lots of snuggles with your sweet baby. The third grows up ten times faster.