Monday, December 14, 2015

stream of conscienceless-- don't bother reading. Brian is gone and I'm still not in bed.

Yesterday was great. Brian and I decided to scrap our original Christmas vacation and instead go to Mexico. We drove around and looked at property and made big plans (dreams really) for another house in the future. After the kids went down we had a date starring up at the stars in our sleeping bag. We spent the next 4 hours talking and reminiscing about our life the past 8 years. 

Thursday Brian was in charge of the Law Enforcement party for all of the rangers at Arches and Canyonlands. He changed the venue and it was classy, christmasy and a great success. Way better than past years. I felt really proud of him as he directed and MCed the evening. 

Friday he was invited to the SAR dinner at Red Cliffs Lodge. We got a sitter and headed out for the event. It was done so well. The entire sheriff's department was there hosting the event-- every single one in a cowboy hat. Total good ol' boys, but in the best way possible. We were able to mingle with so many of the county Search and Rescue folks as well as the deputies from the sheriff's department. I left feeling really proud of Brian. So many people came up and said how skilled he is and how much they appreciate his contributions to the SAR. He works hard in this community. It also made me feel proud that he is law enforcement. There is definitely risk involved and the schedule is pretty selfless. He rarely has a holiday off (Christmas will be the first holiday this entire year), he has worked Saturday's nearly his entire career and he gets called out during the spring/summer/fall so often.

This year he has been running the show up there and did a fabulous job. One of the rangers told him that he had never had a supervisor that was both completely squared away and cared about his employees so much. 

Monday and Wednesday he watched the kids from sun-up to sun-down so I could work on my website all. day. long. Sheesh, that is a black hole.

Been feeling sort of down on myself lately. I feel like I have an abnormal amount of weaknesses that I do a terrible job of hiding from others. I do weird things. More weird things than the average person. 


1 comment:

Catherine said...

I love these stream of consciousness posts! It's like talking on the phone with you. :) And just for the record, I don't think you're that weird. And besides, I like the weird things you do! ;)