Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tape gloves? check. Harness? check. Diapers, burp rags, and baby? check, check, check.


Despite the dwindling comments, I'm assuming people still check our blog. And even if they don't, I had too much fun on Monday to skip this post. After three (3!?!) failed attempts to climb at Indian Creek (curses to mother nature and windy/rainy March weather!) we finally made it. And it was amazing. Indian Creek is my favorite place to climb; the endless perfect splitters (literally thousands), the sunshine, the views, the smell of sweat, dirt and rope, and the feeling of exhaustion after every climb. I hadn't been here for almost an entire year!
This is Brian starting on Our Piece of Real Estate (5.11)-- my favorite climb of the day. I'm so bummed I don't have any pictures of me or him climbing!
A full day of baby bliss was not without it's challenges. This is me sporting a massive poop stain on my leg after a serious Liesel blowout. Luckily, feeling inspired by Leslie's preparedness when she spilled half a Nalgene on her baby while offering a drink, I had packed an extra change of clothes for the first time ever. And my harness still wears the badge of motherhood.
Cutest baby ever award.
Alex and Michelle, our friends from Rocky Mountain NP, came to stay with us and climb.
So did Nick, another climbing ranger and friend from the Tetons wearing the black shirt.
And so did Clay, Leslie, Owen, Skyler, Rylee and Heidi. Talk about a hard-core-baby-friendly group of people. This may have been the first climbing group with three babies under the age of 7 months ever. And look at these proud papas! I love this picture.
This is actually a photo from the next morning (we went climbing at Wallstreet in Moab before Brian had to work). I thought this photo was so cool of the both of us climbing.
Brian instructing Liesel on the joy of hand jams.
And this expression pretty much sums up the day.

10 comments:

Becky said...

sounds like fun... and hard!

Katie said...

Yep, people do still read your blog. Thanks for sharing your adventures and pictures of sweet Liesel!

Allison said...

Great bunch of shots. Looks like it was a nice day for indian creek...finally. I miss Liesel (and Brian and Angela.)

Logan said...

love your blog. keep posting! I'm still figuring out what we'll be doing for our May vacation - hope to see you guys and your cute little girl before we're marooned in NY. She and Trevor would hit it off!

sNick said...

I love these posts. You guys are unstoppable. I've noticed a general decrease in blog comments in general and I was wondering if the blog excitement is dying down and people are just plain tired of commenting. Someone should to a study, and then write and article that I could read and then tell you about.

Jerry said...

What a fun day! So glad you got up and onto the rocks! And I love Liesel's expression in all those pictures. Won't be long and she'll be climbing, too (wouldn't surprise me if she climbed before she walked). What a doll! And way to go, Ang, on packing the extra clothes. That's a habit you'll want to keep up. The need doesn't end - not even when they are "potty trained" at four (as I re-learned two days ago). Good times!

Laura Anderson said...

It's a good thing Liesel was made with yours and Brian's genes. No one else would be able to keep up with you.

Clay Allred said...

A your blogs awesome, don't do it for the comments!

Lindsey said...

oh my cute.


WHERE is my tribute?
Love,
Aunt Lindsey

Mary Grace said...

jealous. grr.