Wednesday, February 8, 2012

ride

In college I bought my North Star La Luna bike for $80-- this little bike carried me through college (I didn't own a car until I married Brian when I was 25) and around the White Rim five times. When I think about living up at the Island in Sky, I imagine cruising down the Shafer switchbacks or the ups and downs close to Gooseberry, or the hills of Murphy and Hardscrabble. These names mean nothing to most of you, but Brian and I rode that so many times (on bike and in the car) that I feel like I know every turn. 

Anyway-- my point is that there's nothing that feels quite as free to me as biking. And it's something that really can't be done with a baby. So Monday I met up with Keri and Leslie and we went biking on the trails north of Moab. 

Leslie and Keri taking in the view

and I was reminded of how much I like it. 

Leslie coming around a bend on North 40. 

and how much I like it here. 





meanwhile. . . .

3 comments:

Leslie said...

That last picture is hilarious! And, the clouds that day were amazing. Serious fun.

Mary Grace said...

oh man ang- making me jealous again. and aching for a white rim reunion... perhaps this fall? i really wish i lived next door to you. really.

Lindsey said...

Oh man I love love love that last pictures. It says so much! And I 'm jealous of that sweet bike ride!!