Tuesday, February 21, 2012

today

My eyes pop open at 7:17am. None of this gradually waking up-giving-mom-a-5-minute-warning thing. She groggily comes in my room, picks me up and I point right away. I don't care what it is or even if I got a good look at it, I want it NOW. Like my Raggedy Ann doll or Teddy Bear. While mom changes my diaper I'm signing "eat" over and over again to make sure she doesn't miss the message that I want some food, and I want it NOW. I throw in a few cries just so she knows I'm serious. After I'm done eating I go about my morning routine emptying drawers and playing with chemicals. 

I love the park and relish my budding independence. I love going up the stairs and down the slides all by myself, and lowering myself down the stairs as well. I am pretty good at getting around and I could probably walk if I wanted to, but I don't. So I mostly crawl still. I saw a dog in the park and ditched the playground equipment for the long trek across the Great Plains (to my little legs, it feels like that okay?) to the hippies slacklining and joined the fun. I didn't turn around once to look for mom. 

I wanted to show off my artwork-- I painted dad that valentine and mom hung it on the fridge. Yeah, I did an awesome job. I love getting dirty when I eat and then rubbing my hands in my hair. That ensures that I get more baths and more baths= more FUN! 

I've learned how to get on chairs, which is cool. I love making faces and I L.O.V.E it when mom or dad play with me. If they sit on the floor I will bring a book over and sit in their lap and let them read to me for about 4 minutes, but then I want to read to them. I can walk back and forth between them easily and can repeat about 10 words ("woah" gets the highest cute factor rating). 

I think I'm pretty darn cool. 

5 comments:

Jerry said...

What exciting days you have, Liesel! I love hearing "your voice." And you are getting so big! It's fun to be one year old, huh! Keep on learning and helping your mom stay on her toes. And tell your Mommy that she is mighty lucky that you sleep in past 7 am. You spoil her, girl! P.S. Love that picture of Liesel looking in the mirror. So cute!

Allison said...

Hey cutest Liesel--what a full life you lead. Love you!

Mary Grace said...

leisel- youre funny. and you write just like your mother. crazy.

gc.hatch said...

All you'd have to do is put these pictures of Liesel on your photography blog and it would take off! Very cute! Dad had so much fun with her in Provo yesterday! I'm jealous!

Lindsey said...

...jealous....

She is so so so cute. I love hearing her "voice" too!!!