Wednesday, February 15, 2012

twenty-nine


my birthday was last Friday and it was a very very good one. Since Brian and Clay were off work, us and the Allreds headed down to Indian Creek. All of the north facing cliffs were loaded in snow, but we were so warm in the sunshine we were sweating. The desert is amazing like that. 

Check out the amount of junk we have at the base of the climb. It's insane!


When I got home I was surprised by two awesome gifts from my sisters and parents!! Thanks everyone!

 After we got back from climbing we showered and met up with our friends for a party. I love Carolina hot dogs-- you know, the kind with chili, slaw, kraut and smothered in ketchup and mustard and they're so big you can barely fit them in your mouth? Yes, please. We had potato salad, green salad, chips, dip and a stellar kit-kat pudding cake made by Heidi (with 29 trick candles that almost set off the smoke alarm). Leslie made a Jeopardy game that was so AWESOME!! Seriously a great b-day.


PS: the picture quality it poor b/c I had to shrink the photos down a ton to not use as much memory.

4 comments:

gc.hatch said...

Wow! I can't see how your birthday could have been better! Nothing like spending it with friends if you can't be with family. But then again, friends can be family!

sNick said...

Man, I kind of thought this post was going to be about the stellar rendition of "Happy Birthday" waiting for you on your voicemail.

Psych.

Happy birthday!

Catherine said...

I love the photos from the big day! And the fact that you're wearing the shirt in them. :) I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you! May 29 be a fabulous one!!

Allison said...

Looking great, 29-year-old.