Monday, August 13, 2012

31 weeks

My lack of baby-bump photos this pregnancy leaves me feeling a little guilty. Already I'm documenting less of little baby Hays #2. It's not that I'm less excited, it's that either a) B is gone and Liesel isn't that good with the camera b) I look terrible and wouldn't want to remember looking terrible or c) when I think of doing it something (okay, just one thing-- but she's a very demanding one thing) comes along before I get a chance.  But on the up side, instead of just one baby bump photo at 31 weeks, you get three semi-awkward-stomach-clutching-baby-bump photos at 31 weeks. Enjoy. 



Brian and Liesel taking a peak at the helicopter flying into Lupine/ Liesel refusing to look at the camera despite Brian's attempts at singing Baah Baah Black sheep . . . 

A few words, four to be exact, about this pregnancy: it has been easy. I gagged and threw-up a bajillion times more my first pregnancy. With L I couldn't touch lettuce or tomatoes but this time, bring on the salad! I feel better, less anxious (about being a mom, but more anxious when it comes to L&D) and less preoccupied with being pregnant. Maybe it was standing behind a Visitor Center desk for 10 hrs a day with nothing but a computer to distract me during lulls when I was prego with L, but this time around I have no idea if my baby is the size of a crenshaw melon or a spaghetti squash. 

I am measuring bigger this time around (at least I feel like I am) but I guess what has been stretched once is easier to stretch the asecond time around. Should that be encouraging or depressing?  I've learned that a double bed is too small for three people. . . I need the entire thing for just me and baby + 5 pillows and yes, I'm going to breath heavy and toss and turn all. night. long. She kicks and moves a ton these days which keeps me very entertained during boring church meetings. And I'm always hot. I am the only one making fans out of the program at church and I'm still taking a dip in the creek just about every afternoon when B gets home. It's become a family ritual to walk to the bridge and down the steps to the eddy. 

We pray for our little one every night (Liesel included) and are excited to welcome her into our growing family. 

6 comments:

Klingler said...

Hey! You are looking darling! So glad that this pregnancy is treating you so well.

So, my husband and I are wanting to take a few family members up the Grand via owen spaulding route. We usually just do it in a day, but this time in order to make it enjoyable for the fam we will need to make it a two day thing. So we will be needing a permit for monday night anywhere between the meadows to the moraine. I don't know if you would be willing to save us some time and get us a permit and we would pay you back plus the gas money we'd save? Please let us know. my email is kmklingler@mail.com No biggie if it's a problem. Just thought I would give it a try.

Thanks!
Marty

Anonymous said...

Yah, baby #2 is often a lot less photographed I hear . . .

Lindsey said...

GAH remember how your sups gorg? Yes I just used two acronyms in one sentence.

So excited to see another baby hays. Love the baby bump!!!!!

Mary Grace said...

awwww such a stylish pregnant lady!! looking good! man i need to call you more often!!!! but i appreciate these pictures- i have been wondering what you look like these days.

Allison said...

Now Matt, we managed to dig up a few baby photos of you. And I now know how to take a picture of Liesel looking out-of-her-mind happy: catch her looking at a helicopter. So cute.

Sarah Gerhart said...

These are beautiful pictures! You look gorgeous, Ang, and I love the pictures of Brian and Liesel as well!