Tuesday, August 21, 2012

that time of year again


Our family is getting ready to say goodbye to the Tetons for the summer and migrate south for the winter along with the ungulates and birds in the area. There's a bite in the air and fall is on its way. Our annual migration is a little earlier than usual and taking us a little further south than our usual. By the end of the week we'll be living in the Needles in Canyonlands. 1.5hrs from groceries, pool, library, hospital (hello laboring in the car again!) and amigos. I'm having a little harder time feeling jazzed about  this one, but I definitely feel grateful that Brian has a job that he loves and has been able to work in both parks so far. 

He's out doing the Cathedral Traverse today (Teewinot, Owen and the N. Ridge of the Grand all in a day) for his last hoorah--I had mine last weekend with my sisters (pictures to come) on the Crest Trail. 

Any ideas for surviving the loneliness? Long drives with little kids/babies who are nursing? Husbands who are working full time and taking classes at night? Avoiding postpartum depression with no one around to hang out with? 


3 comments:

Holly Long said...

Okay, let me think...

Skype you into book club (I hope you have internet or I'm sure all my ideas will be lost). Get some audio books while nursing. I hear knitting is a trendy hobby these days. All the stars are doing it. Do lots of documentation of baby #2 since most second children have 1/4 of the documentation as the first. Ummmm, create playlists of music for every possible event, in the car to the hospital, birth, washing dishes, you know EVERYTHING. Potty training (if you haven't already done that). Invite friends (I know a few who would totally take a day off and come visit). Also teach Liesel to do all those things that she'll need to do when you have less help and need more. I'm sure she can master diaper changing by the time little sister arrives. If I think of more, I'll let you know! We will miss you in Moab!

Sarah Gerhart said...

Come visit me =)

Clay Allred said...

Just live in our living room! :)