Sunday, May 12, 2013

happy mother's day



 I love my mom. 
I want to be like her.
If I'm half of the mom that she was/is to me, then I'll be happy.

Mom memories: 

wearing her Indian outfit to the yogurt shop-- everyone was staring and all of us were cracking up (except for her of course).
Watching the Kentucy Derby with her (or college basketball). She will JUMP off the sofa, throw her hands in the air and literally scream. And it's completely involuntary. This is my mom. In it 100% or not at all.
Writing me every week of my mission without fail.
Waking me up for seminary in high school by tossing our cat malibu on me or coaxing me out of bed with a plate of french toast.
Staying up all night with me in high school to finish my Art AP final.
Playing her in basketball. All I see is her dribbling her her arm out, blocking me with her rear. All I hear is laughter and "can't you get the ball, Angela? haha!" 
Double-dutch. She was out there every afternoon turning the rope for us.
Singing around the piano and watching her beautiful hands accompany us.
watching her make bread week after week. 
working with her outside
Seeing her waiting for me in the driveway waving to me and ready to give me a hug the moment I stepped out of the car after giving birth to Liesel.
that look she gives when she's eaten too much chocolate and grabs another piece.
Her and my dad dancing in the living room together for Valentine's Day or New Years-- always in her dancing dress.

And countless others. I love you mom!




3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Haha I love this! So Sweet. My fav is "the look she gives when she's eaten too much chocolate and grabs another piece..." HAHAHA So mom, and I so know that look! :)

gc.hatch said...

Angela, thank you for this sweet tribute! It's been MY PLEASURE being your mother! Thank you for remembering the good and funny and letting "the chaff" blow away with the wind.
PS the pictures are CUTE!

Catherine said...

Such a cute post, Ang! I love all that you love about mom!