Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sisters









these little gals are starting to interact so much with each other. It has brought back a flood of memories with my own sisters. 
I remember making nests out of blankets and convincing Lindsey to do the same and sleep in it (put one blanket down in a doughnut shape and then another on top like a sheet. Sleep inside curled up. Terribly uncomfortable, but ridiculously cool).
I remember decorating my side of my shared room in all photos from National Geographic.
I remember Emily orchestrating cookie-making every Sunday.
I remember Catherine and I drawing paper dolls and me copying every one (they even had a mall outfit, birthday outfit . . .etc. I so wish I still had them).
I remember being concerned Lindsey couldn't ride a bike at age six, so I taught her. 
I remember playing soccer outside our house with Sarah and her telling me how great I was and that I had to play one day. . .I wanted to be just. like. her. 
I remember Emily directing plays and choreographing group dances in the living room to Johnny Angel. 
I remember watching My Girl with Catherine and not calling mom at Marie and Jennifer's house. And feeling very guilty. 
I remember hide-and-seek games all over the house and the best hiding places in the Attic.
I remember cracking our roof b/c one of those awesome hiding places we decided would be a great place for UNO playing. Turns out it wasn't. 

And now I look to my sisters for constant entertainment, advice, encouragement, love, humor and friendship. They're my best friends and my greatest ally (along with my mom). I honestly think sisterhood is one of the greatest relationships this life has to offer. So happy Liesel and Hannah have one another. 
Sarah and Lindsey combined party, 1990
family campout

me cath and Em at hanging rock, NC (Emily still loves camping this much . . .)
watching my bro's lacrosse games with Cath and Lindsey
Sarah's graduation
family trip to DC
Jennifer (neighbor-- I can still remember her phone number) me, lindsey, Marie (neighbor) and Catherine
family beach trip
tomato harvest
One of Emily's plays: The Frog Prince (I'm the frog).
Sarah leaves for college. 

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful. I LOVE those pics of Liesey and Hannah. So cool. Where is that at?

Also, this post almost made me cry. K so maybe it's that time of the month. I love my sisters. !!!!! Miss you Angie.

Lindsey said...

PS. Thanks for teaching me how to ride a bike! I owe you big time. Seriously. I was worried about myself, too!

Laura Anderson said...

I LOVE the bangs in the frog prince picture.

Laura Anderson said...

I LOVE the bangs in the frog prince picture.

Allison said...

Okay, I need to see the Johnny Angel dance.

Allison said...

Okay, I need to see the Johnny Angel dance.

sNick said...

Lindsey's bowl cut is just about the coolest thing EVER.

The Gerharts said...

Your pictures of L and H are amazing! Such beautiful colors and lighting. The rest are total classics -- love them and love all my amazing, wonderful, beautiful sisters!

gc.hatch said...

I'm so glad Liesel has Hannah too. It looks like they are already interacting with each other. SO CUTE! And yes, I think it's so great that you girls all have each other and that you are not just sisters but FRIENDS! Angela, I haven't seen half those pictures of you girls growing up. Where did you get them?

Catherine said...

Sisters are the best! Love you!!