Monday, May 20, 2013

run, run, run!


hands down the best thing about living in the Needles district of Canyonlands is the trail running. And we are in prime season here. Wildflowers, leafed-out Cottonwoods and perfect temps. My favorite run is Big Spring Canyon to Squaw Canyon; a 7.5m loop. I got up was woken up this morning and was on the trail by 7am . . . 
pounding the dirt
heart pumping
clean air in my lungs
barrel cactus blooms
scurrying up slickrock
leaping over logs
dodging tree branches
and
stopping now and then to take in the views.

Then I came home and Liesel asked to see the sweat in my armpits (she's been really into this since she realized what sweat was after my run last week). Gotta love it.  

ps: huge thanks to Mary for the hydration pack! Now I can bring H2O and my camera!

2 comments:

Mary Grace said...

hooray! glad its working for you :)

Catherine said...

I love L's obsession with sweat. That's too cute. You are the most intense trail runner, ps.