Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Saturday before Easter


All the kids at the Easter egg hunt this morning. It's been a tradition among our friends to meet up, bring our own eggs and let the kids loose. 

Liesel wanted her chicks to watch conference. I was a kill joy after I took this photo and made her put them back in the garage. Cleaning up chicken poop in the house? No thanks.

Hannah loves her baby... Most of the time. Unless mom is nursing and Hannah needs attention. Then Felicity gets a fingernail dug into her head. 

My parents have been such a giant help. I'm scared to have them gone. It kind of makes me amazed at my friends who get out with three kids all the time. I have tons of help. I have barely cooked. I've done no laundry. My kids are entertained. The baby is held when I need to help the other kids. I'm terrified for the end of company.


After conference, we dyed Easter eggs and the girls made giant messes. Liesel dyed her hands red and said "I'm so embarrassed in front of my friends!" It made me sad to think she even knows what that is. Wish I could preserve her innocence and confidence forever. 









2 comments:

Sarah said...

Liesel's face in the chick picture is sooo great

The Gerharts said...

Hahaha! The chicks seem to like L as much as she likes them! Easter egg dying is always such a mess, but so fun for the kids and looks like they enjoyed all the color too! Yay for parents and all the good they do. No doubt you are doing fabulous on your own now that they have left!