Friday, May 1, 2015

May 1st. I can't believe it's May 1st.

Leslie's B-day hike. Only almost a month late. :) Really, a b-day gift for me too. Brian watched all the 2 & 4-year-olds so we could hike together. 
Mary Jane Canyon-- a hike I had never done before. I love seeing new places and water in the desert is so stunning. 
Sorting the seeds for garden planting. 
Hannah decided to wash her hair in mud. Yeah, gardening with toddlers is a bad idea-slash-comical in every way. 
Hannah. 
Liesel. oh, and Emmy... the chicken. 
6-week-old Felicity getting some love. 
six weeks! She's my little darling!
Our usual morning. I go for a run, come home, give B a kiss goodbye and head out in the yard for a bit to say hello to the hens, pull weeds, move rocks, dig holes, plant seeds. . . etc. 
She's so CUTE!!!!!!!! I love having a baby again. 
Look at that chicken coop! SHEESH! Brian is amazing. And look at those THREE kids! I am amazing.

I've had a happy week. Yeah, there are moments for sure where I am angry and cranky. Where I feel frustrated that all three kids are crying and need me at once. And Brian too. . . haha 
For example the SAR this week in the Fisher Towers when Felicity was screaming, both kids were covered in mud (see above photo of Hannah), I was covered in mud and trying to plant the garden, the house was a giant disaster, Brian was supposed to be off but was called in and he needed me to fix a quick lunch, fill up water and get him out the door. . . 
There are those moments. 
And bedtime. I am supposed to enjoy it and slow down, right?
But there is always someone crying. Always someone who doesn't like their pjs. Always someone who is running away hiding under the bed. Always guilt that scripture study was just a quick story from the illustrated book. Always a certain baby screaming because she's tired and wants to nurse for the 4th time in a row. . . 

BUT.

I've felt so warm this week. Very happy.

I love my kids. This morning we played store and camping upstairs in the bedroom. We played outside with the chickens. I gave them both haircuts in my bathroom, washed their feet and hands and painted nails and put lip gloss and eyeshadow on Liesel. She kept saying how beautiful she looked and wanted to invite Owen and Rylee over to show them. She really did look so beautiful and grown up looking at her self approvingly in the mirror. And I cut little bangs on Hannah and trimmed her baby hairs for the first time ever. She did not want me to cut her hair, so I had to resort to the iPad.

We all went to Old City park and the sprinklers were on-- they ran around for a solid hour and half getting soaked with Rylee and Brynlee. 

On Monday I got to go for another trail run. It was glorious.

On Tuesday Brian watched Leslie's kids and ours while we took the babies hiking. It was SO NICE to walk fast and talk. The time flew by and the miles melted away. 7miles and it seriously felt like 3m. Wish I had invited them to dinner afterward.

Went to bookclub, but everyone seemed down. I left feeling like I should be more focused on helping my friends. Several of them have been having a hard time and I didn't even know it. 

A maternity shoot tonight and a wedding tomorrow. Hope Felicity takes formula again!




2 comments:

Allison said...

liesel looks good in blue. Especially next to a chillin' white chicken.

gc.hatch said...

Loved all the photos! It was like I am there seeing everything in person! Thank you for sharing these!