Sunday, May 10, 2015

The key to finding your keys.

morning routine
Daisy and Tweetsie enjoying the freshly mowed grass clippings. And giving me the eye. 
No chicken should have a view this awesome. It just feels wrong. And so right. 
Lissie's first smiles!! Every morning this is how she greets me. I just savor and enjoy every one of them. 
A feed me look. 
The kids.
I threw a party at Swanny park for Kerri, a friend of mine who just turned 40. I really wanted to make it good and non-stressful, so I didn't go anywhere all morning so I would be ready, the house would be clean, dinner would be done and life would be un-chaotic when it came time. Plus, I was sick all morning. . . like I ate something rotten sick. Finally took some pepto about 30 mins before I had to leave and it worked a miracle. I made a sheet cake and brownies, had all the kids in the car buckled and went to get my keys so I could set up at the park. I searched everywhere. No keys. I prayed. I searched again. I've said many a prayer begging for help in located lost keys. I used to promise I would be more careful and less thoughtless. Not anymore. I know I'm a repeat customer when it comes to eliciting help in key locating. 

Nothing was coming to mind. The only other time this happened was when my wallet was stollen at Bath and Body Works in high school and I prayed to find it. When someone else's agency is involved.  No time for further investigation. I called a friend and we packed it all into her car and drove to the park. 

The party went well. 

Brian picked us up. 

I said a prayer later to help me find them after Brian looked all through the grass outside. I finally had a thought come to my mind to look in a wicker basket and sure enough there they are.

Not a coincidence. 
A little tender mercy right there. 

Still feeling fat. Was doing so great not eating sugar and bombed it today at the party. And then since I had bombed it, I continued to bomb it. Ugh. 

Lamented the fact that I didn't line up a sitter for a date. Brian and I watched an episode of Shark Tank and laughed. Laughed again at 3am when I woke up to nurse Felicity and he woke up with no shirt on. Said he was dreaming he was at the ski resort shirtless. It feels odd to laugh at 3am, but both of us were cracking up. Reminded me of the pre-kid days when we woke up in the middle of the night once at the same time and made a smoothie and went back to bed. And the other time camping when we played UNO and went back to bed. The first year of our marriage I was constantly shocked that no one had told me the best part of marriage was the constant slumber party with your best friend. 

3 comments:

The Gerharts said...

This was so inspiring! Love the story of the lost keys =)

gc.hatch said...

My favorite part is the last paragraph! So CUTE!
I LOVE that picture of Felicity! My first time seeing her smile! That about melts your heart!

Allison said...

Lissie is beautiful! And happy looking.