Sunday, May 10, 2015

It's Mother's Day today.



Hannah after bath. She says, "I'm BEEEEE!" That means she's cold. . . like burrrrr. She is such a good talker these days I have to hang on to those adorable things she says incorrectly and never correct them. 
Liesel was so cold her lips were blue for a solid hour. She's in my complimentary bath robe from the hospital from Felicity's birth. 

All the Hays ladies. I look at this and my mind wants to think, "sheesh you look fat" but I force myself to think, "sheesh you are blessed." Because I am. I really really am. 
 Today I really wanted to spend individual time with each of my children. Wish granted. I was able to take a walk with Liesel all by ourselves. We walked our neighbor's dog, found a giant snail (which got stepped on and I thought it would die anyway, so I suggested feeding it to the chickens. Then when we did, I felt horrible inside and couldn't watch!) and hunted down some white flour so Brian could finish the Mother's Day cake he started. I love hearing Liesel laugh. It melts my heart and always has. She is a GOOD girl. She tries hard to be good. She is an animal lover and loves even the creepy things. We discovered a spider carrying an egg sac the other day and we both just watched it forever. Glad I can share that love of the natural world with her. She wore her pink velvet dress with the fur trim from Aunt Sarah and clipped bows on her boa for me to wear around on our walk. I did. We found a leave bigger than my head. She sang today with Primary and looked so sweet up there. She drew me a picture in my card today. It cracked me up. It was the whole family under a rainbow, but I didn't see Felicity. There was something that looked like a small rock with dots. I asked her if that was F, and she said, "no, that's the baby monitor. We are outside and she's asleep upstairs." It was oddly accurate.

Hannah and I snuggled on the sofa with her meow-meow (pink knitted blanket) and read the book about her that I made her for Christmas. She is a little sick and was too tired to go on a walk (she totally gave herself a nap when I left with Liesel) so we settled on snuggles. I love to read these books as much as they do. It's amazing to see how much they grow. Hannah picks out her own clothes and nothing I say can influence her. She will NOT wear what she doesn't want to. At all. I also cannot do her hair. Everything has to be her idea, or forget it. She is terrified of large groups of people, but loves hanging out with groups of older girls between 6-9 years old. This happens frequently at the park. She pees often right in front of the toilet since it's hard for her to climb on before having an accident-- but she "cleans it up" by herself. Usually using things I don't want her to-- like her pajamas, a clean towel, loads of TP etc. Or she'll just leave it for me to walk on unknowingly. She is my alarm clock and the first one awake every day. Usually right around 6:30am. She comes into my bed and has to be right next to me or she gets very mad. Then she demands breakfast. Then I tell her to do her morning chart (we implemented this for FHE the other week and it has been AWESOME-- they get dressed, brush teeth, say prayer and go potty before breakfast all by themselves. Maybe other kids already do this, but mine didn't). She does, comes back in one of 4 outfits that she deems worthy, and then demands breakfast again. 

Felicity and I snuck away several times for quiet nursing sessions. She is my sleepy baby and still sleeps almost the whole day with a few 30-45 minute awake periods. She isn't as aggressive as the other girls in her nursing and she doesn't seem to be getting chubby-- more just average. She is overall very calm, but has been the hardest to get to sleep at night. The others really understood the routine. She knows it's bedtime, but will scream. I'll nurse, rock her and pacifier, but ultimately she has to cry for a while before the pacifier or nursing work again. If I don't put her down at 6:30, though, she goes CRAZY. I already feel somewhat tied to her naps and schedule since she functions so much better with it. . . but not enough to force myself to stay home if the opportunity arrises. I love holding her. I wish I could hold her more. She is looking less and less like a newborn. 

Missionaries came over for dinner.

Brian cooked an awesome meal of salmon, bread, salad, roasted potatoes and squash. Then followed with a homemade two-layer chocolate cake with ganache and whipped blueberry cream.

Thanks babe. xoxo

4 comments:

The Gerharts said...

You four are beautiful! You look gorgeous Angela! The girls are adorable and I love that you spent time with them individually on mother's day! Your description of Hannah is hilarious, or rather she is! Liesel is so fun, and I love that your personalities are so similar in some ways and you can enjoy nature and animals together. Happy Mother's Day to an amazing mother and example to me!

Lindsey said...

Aw Ang this is beautiful. Funny you think that about that photo- ALL I could think of was how beautiful you look! And how much I love you and your kids and how grown up they are getting (Liesel seriously looks so big...) and I loved your descriptions of each kid and your time today. Glad you could have a good Mother's day. You're an amazing mother to your kiddos :) Keep these posts coming sister!

gc.hatch said...

What a beautiful mother's day picture! Give the girls a big hug and kiss for me!

Allison said...

Killer legs in your moms day photo, Angela! And you indeed blessed. I love the pics of the girls wrapped in towels and bathrobes. I remember how awesome that used to feel as a little kid. And, I'm so glad you are a mom!!! (For mulitple reasons.)