Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wildlife and the Wild Life


This little face greeted me yesterday on my way outside. We've seen several bears this spring (one last night while bouldering also). Chalk it up to the extra-snowy mountains. I might add that this bear walked right by my peas and lettuce plants without so much as a glance. So much for being a bear attractant.

I went on a seriously fun bike ride with Liesel yesterday to Mormon Row in the park. It was a good 18 miles and the weather was perfect! The valley is flooded with wildflowers (Balsamroot! Larkspur! Lupine!) and the rivers/creeks are all running HUGE.
A mini-Mormon on Mormon row.

My friend Becky was my running buddy in college. We hiked up Hanging Canyon with her hub and baby Alvin; I realized this was perhaps the only time we hung out besides at 6:15am, panting, sweating and listening to me analyze my relationship with Brian. Bet that was fun.

On Monday B and I hiked up paintbrush canyon (he skied). We found this pond that had sort of a mythical quality. In a somewhat nerdy-Lord-of-the-Rings moment, B named it Wizard Pond.


Brian defending the family. This little sucker was brazen.

Sunday stroll:

Little baby elk

Mt. Moran and String Lake. L and I have been hikin' machines. When the sun comes out, so do we.

Liesel chillin' on the the Teton version of a beach.

6 comments:

The Gerharts said...

Whoa! That bear is amazing. So cool. I'm glad that the snow is melting and everything is so pretty and green! The wildflowers must be gorgeous and I am impressed with all your hikes and bike rides. How fun!

emily marie said...

Your little baby has seen more in her life than I have. I don't know how I feel about that... It looks like you guys are livin' the dream!!!! I can't believe that this is all in one week! You go, girl!

Mickey said...

"When the sun comes out, so do we."

Love it.

Catherine said...

I can't believe you saw a BEAR outside of your cabin! That's so INSANE! I'm strangely jealous. I love the L pics with snow-capped tetons in the background. She should have a facebook account just so that she can boast those as a profile pic! :)

Sarah said...

I love that picture of Liesel as a mini-Mormon on Mormon Row--she's so darn cute! I think it's funny that she's towering over the barn and the mountains in that picture.

Lindsey said...

WHOA bears scare me. Be safe now, ya hear? PS liesel is so cute