Sunday, June 24, 2012

first things first

Temperatures in the Tetons can range between 40 degrees every day. It will be 44 degrees in the morning and 84 in the afternoon. Our cabin follows a similar pattern, so all baking needs to be done first thing in the morning. We go through a lot of bread, granola and oatmeal cookies. Liesel loves 'helping' me make bread. She holds the mixer, grabs handfuls of flour and repeats "touch! touch!" or "hold it?" the whole time I'm kneading (she likes for me to give her a lump of dough to hold). 

The entertainment factor (as well as the clean-up factor) goes way up when making bread with a one and a half year old. She is a sponge these days. She wants to talk and repeats words all the time. She wowed the world at Jenny Lake with her impressive knowledge of stuffed heads on the wall (Bison, deer) and wildlife (bird, chipmunk). 
feels good to be growing something so great. 


4 comments:

Jana said...

Liesel is a lucky little girl.

Lindsey said...

Boy do I love that little girl! That is the life! I love the pic of her with her hand son her face, flour covered. Can I make bread when I come visit???

Catherine said...

Awww....I love bread dough and I love L. What a fun way to start the day!

gc.hatch said...

There's nothing quite like "little helpers" in the kitchen! I bet she loved "helping" mommy make bread.