Friday, April 12, 2013

a penny for these. . .

I'm bored. Sincerely and utterly bored. Ironically, Brian has the day off today but left before both kids' diapers were changed to go to his office and work on a paper for school.

Liesel wants more granola. And is repeating this every 3 seconds. Hold on.

I am debating carrying both kids on a hike today and feel desperate to get out. But I'm worried about my back. It's been sore all week. . . maybe a result of sleeping on the floor in the living room? I suddenly cannot sleep in the same room with Hannah. We've developed some kind of ESP or mind connection. If I'm thinking about her waking up, she wakes up. If I'm thinking about her not falling asleep, she won't fall asleep. No joke. So I grab my sleeping bag and bail.

I am excited for race day tomorrow but terrified that the early start time (we'll have to wake up before 6am to get out the door and there in time to nurse Hannah before I start) and no naps will make the afternoon miserable with the kids. Does any other mom feel like this? That they can't focus on the fun day because they know the repercussions will inevitably due them in? I see the future and know that I will still be paying for it Sunday and Monday. But of course for the last three days she hasn't taken any naps anyway.


3 comments:

Klingler said...

Yes! I feel this way all the time! But it does get better as you just keep encouraging them to support ya and let us play a little too eh? What race are you doing? Good luck! I love watching you and your ladies be out and about playing in the mountains. It's so refreshing to see! Love it!

sNick said...

Sometimes it's nice to hear that you're human.

It's not so nice to hear that you're bored... especially when you have my phone number.

C'mon now.

The Gerharts said...

Yes, I totally feel that way! Like today, we took the kids to a movie knowing that they would get to bed late, be fussy tomorrow, and probably not eat dinner b/c of the popcorn . . . but at least we get out and do, right?

How did your race go? So proud of you for doing a trail run race! Impressive!

Call me anytime -- I have been trying to reach you. I must be calling right at the same time as you grab for the granola =)