Sunday, November 4, 2012

Watusi, Camel, Ostrich and Ice Cream

Mom and I took Liesel and Hannah to Hole n" the Rock for a zoo outing. It is kind of a quirky little spot that is really perfect for toddlers. There are only a handful of animals and you can feed them all-- the camel, the zebra the peacocks and the warthog. I was surprised at how unafraid Liesel was! We met up with Rylee and Heidi and had an awesome time. 

This is an awful photo of me, but too cute of Liesel not to post. This ostrich was clearly hilarious. 

Too cute. 

Hole in the Rock also boasts electric rides from the 1940s that Liesel and Rylee rode several times for 50cents. . .courtesy of Grandma. The clown below is seriously creepy, but Liesel was undeterred (Rylee however, wouldn't go near it-- can't say I blame her). 


We finished off the day with a few treats from the general store. Liesel is getting so big, so smart and has fallen in love with Grandma (she is finally grandma now and not grandpa. . . it took two full weeks). She is really into rhyming words, phrases and songs. You should hear her say "Holy Moley!" it is soooo stinkin' cute. 

Remember how I said she didn't know what candy was in my last post? Well, she definitely knows was ice cream is and was not too keen on sharing with mom. 



7 comments:

sNick said...

Yeah, I was wondering if I had understood that right... Liesel doesn't know what candy is? That's kind of awesome.

Leslie said...

What fun pictures! I didn't know there were those old rides there. We need to go back for sure. BTW- your post about Halloween warmed my heart. I love all that you did for little L to make sure she had an amazing Halloween. Super Mom!

Allison said...

Toddler heaven!! Can two little girls be any cuter? And I'm jealous of Grandma frontpackin Hannah!

Laura Anderson said...

Glad (and not surprised) to see you out and about. Are you getting more sleep yet?

Laura Anderson said...

Glad (and not surprised) to see you out and about. Are you getting more sleep yet?

The Gerharts said...

I love Liesel's smiles in these pictures and the two girls are so adorable together! I love the picture of mom, too, and you holding Liesel! Those rides are so vintage (and cheap). What a fun day!

gc.hatch said...

That was such a FUN outing! What a great way to spend the day! I loved that little zoo and seeing how much fun the girls had!