Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Moab Christmas Parade




Dirty knees, pumpkin bread, eatin' snow and smelling fir trees. 

I have to admit that I didn't actually cut my tree. Nor did I do really anything besides sit in my car and nurse Hannah while listening to Christmas for Cowboys by John Denver on repeat. I guess something about the "wide open plain" resonated with me this year. Okay. Anyway. Clay went and cut down our tree for us since Brian was "working" in Arches (Do you count canyoneering as work? Because that's what I do when I'm having fun). 

Later that evening we blew Liesel's mind when we showed up at the Moab Christmas Parade. Remember that from last year? Liesel was so little then! My how they grow. Babydom is so short. Yesterday when I put on Liesel's purple coat she said, "going to the Christmas light parade again?" She was in fact going on a walk with dad while I went trail running. That should be a subject for another post since trial running and I have recently fallen in love. Don't worry, B already knows. Anyway. 
the whole town 
free loft house cookies 
and free cocoa
met up with our best buddies
and ran into familiar faces
my little girl in christmas bows
and a red turtleneck
the other one in 10 layers of fleece
snoring softly
me in flip-flops
(this year is too warm!)
She didn't even notice the dum-dums being thrown at her feet. 
The NPS float. Made us proud. And hoarse. We may have been the only ones cheering. 

Liesel and Rylee spontaneously holding hands while sitting on their dad's shoulders. Sigh*
 




2 comments:

Allison said...

So much more fun with awestruck 2 year olds! Make that adorable awestruck 2 year olds.

Catherine said...

Looks like fun!! Sorry, Ang, you ended up having to nurse. I love the photo of them on the dad's shoulders. So cute!