Saturday, December 15, 2012

there's an angel on my bed.

my dad always calls little babies cherubs and while that word is weird, it is completely accurate. Little babies are angels. I mean, look at that little one passed out on my bed straight from Heaven. And apparently my mom knows how to sew an angel dress. It is perfect.

Brian trying to get Hannah to smile. 
 Instead she yawned. 
 Sylvia Height (a name synonymous with my childhood) crocheted these beautiful booties and a pink blanket for the girls. 
 We had to bribe Liesel with Lucky Charms to get this shot. Still working on the whole "love my sister" thing, but at least she seems fascinated by the number of rolls in Hannah's forearm. 
 My other angel who has definitely turned two. With a capitol T. Budding independence, rebellion, constant messes and continuous chatter. She's my little buddy and I would be so lonely here without her. 

 Last Sunday was Hannah's baby blessing. I spent the morning getting both girls ready. We drove to the chapel on the snowy roads, we met Clay and Leslie there and all sat down. I nursed to make sure she would be happy. We waited for the announcement and then. . . they forgot. A quick note to the bishop and an apology announcement and she was blessed after the sacrament. Whew. Didn't want to have to get them ready again the following week and with Leslie due the next day our chances of having our family away from family there the next Sunday were slim. 
The blessing was beautiful. She was silent through the whole thing. The congregation let out an "awwww" when she was presented by Brian (although they always do, don't they?). 

 It was special and wonderful but more chaotic than Liesel's because let's be honest, everything is more chaotic with two kiddos. 

At church after the blessing:

The Allreds and us. 

and since Hannah wouldn't smile in her blessing dress: 

6 comments:

Mary Grace said...

love it!! i can tell by that smile she is gonna be a crazy little girl :)but she IS a little cherub. once again, wish we lived closer. you all look great.

Emily said...

Angel indeed! Wish we could have been there! Both of your little cherubs were captured beautifully by your photography.

gc.hatch said...

How I wish I could have been there! She certainly does look like an angel! These pictures are precious! Thank you for sharing.

The Gerharts said...

I LOVE these pictures! Hannah is so beautiful, and Liesel is such the cute big sister! Great job on the photos, Ang!

sNick said...

You have some CUTE KIDS. Next time you're blessing one of them, let me know and I'll jump on down :)

Catherine said...

I love these baby posts. That gown is to die for...I would definitely worthy of the title cherub. I love the black-background pics of the kiddos!