Monday, December 3, 2012

giving thanks

 thankful my in-laws could come for the holidays and liven our little commune up
thankful for innovation when we realized we forgot pie pans. . .and ran out of shortening
thankful for white lies when we ate those pies
thankful for this little one:
thankful for her creativity and constant chatter
thankful for her songs
thankful for my sister Lindsey who makes me laugh

 thankful she didn't get salmonella 
 thankful my anniversary always falls close enough to Thanksgiving to reuse the flowers
thankful for the bumble bee apron my mom made Liesel (and me to match)
 thankful for family recipes (and when i make them correctly)
thankful for the basketball tournament we had down here
and for the 11 people that showed up to play
 thankful for days in town and playing at all three parks in one day
and that nobody died when I hit a deer on the way home

 thankful for hikes with the fam to Cave Springs (yet again)
 thankful for stripes and curly hair
and that Hannah won't hold it against me that 1/2 of her baby photos will be her in a front carrier
and thankful for Abe Lincoln for the wonderful holiday
a land of freedom
a God who loves us and answers prayers
and a plate of butter disguised as vegetables. 

2 comments:

gc.hatch said...

I'm thankful too nobody got killed or injured when the deer hit your car! And yes, aren't toddlers so cute with little chatter! By the way those rolls look awesome! Good job!

Unknown said...

LOVE IT. I think I should have gotten more of a shout-out, but I'm not one to beg.

CAN'T WAIT TIL CHRISTMAS