Wednesday, December 19, 2012

multi-tasker

Hannah in a moment of calm that never happens between 5-7pm. 
I have mastered the art of doing three things at once while having my mind in 10 places at once. Which means I'm no longer effective at anything. Brian has started demanding my complete attention when he talks to me. I have total mom-brain. I don't remember anything until I sit down to nurse or go to bed at night and suddenly I remember everything but there's no pen and paper. Then I forget it all over again.

A more accurate photo would have been of me folding laundry while talking on the phone to one of my sisters while balance-nursing Hannah on the Boppy while reading L a book. But this is a G-rated blog. So instead you have me toting H while cutting feta cheese and chatting. And you're lucky because although my hair isn't done, at least I'm out of my pjs by dinnertime. Can't say the same for Hannah Marie.

On a side note I noticed that our family initials spell BLAH. Does that mean something?


My ability to memorize nursery rhymes has not diminished (along with my extra-wide post baby hips).

Bless this mess. I sat down and ate my plastic strawberry along with Doe, Dolly and Liesel. Mommy sit down right der (finger pointing to the exact spot in the carpet I am to sit).



2 comments:

Catherine said...

Who are you talking on the phone there? I thought I smelled feta when we talked the other day!!!!

PS: I Love love love the photo of you multi-tasking.

gc.hatch said...

I thought I already commented on this post, but obviously I didn't. Let me say, you're a woman after my own heart -- multitasker! But then again, what mom can afford not to be a mutitasker? These pictures remind me of the three weeks I got to spend with you in the Needles. I can see myself sitting down with Liesel to have a "party" and myself working in the kitchen and then again holding little Hannah. What great memories!