Saturday, January 5, 2013

2 months




Hannah rockin' her ridiculously cute Patagonia capaliene. Thanks Mary and B-rad Burton!
hannah turned 2 months old on December 20. Am I the only one that thinks babies are funny? I mean, like they make you laugh all day long with their adorable faces and noises? And the way their arms are so short they can't reach the top of their head? And how their hands get so stinky and full of fuzz? And their bellies are so soft and fun to blow on even though they don't think raspberries aren't fun at all yet? Or the way she blows spit bubbles? Or her angry face coupled with a loud "Mwaa!" Or how she avoids eye contact at all costs? And her long grin every morning? Or the way she balls up so tight after being swaddled?

Liesel and Hannah are definitely unique in their own right, but there are a few things that they share. Hannah is as stiff as L was. You literally have to bend her in half if you want her to sit on your lap. She already bears weight on her legs and if you pick her up in the air she is as straight as a board. I love it. She's holding her head up, cooing and smiling often. Her favorite things are nursing, looking at the animals in her play gym while kicking her feet vigorously, taking baths and loud crying at church. Liesel is starting to interact with her more. She frequently runs and gets Hannah's pacifier and shoves it in her mouth when she's crying. This usually results in more tears, but I think Liesel's motives are pure. Although she did kick H with both feet the other day. L named her new baby doll Hannah and I found her "nursing" it on a little pillow (she called it her Boppy) yesterday. 

My girls are beautiful inside and out. They make my days happy and stressful and wonderful and too short. They scramble my brain and fill up my heart. These few months with Hannah have gone by way too fast. I feel like I live in a time warp and the Needles with it's lack of people, days of the week or places to be adds to it. I turn 30 this year and I have a feeling this decade will equal one year of my 20s. 

2 comments:

Mary Grace said...

holy cow- how much does Hannah weigh? she looks like she fits her capilene about as well as Leo, but he's only a montH! (and 10.4 pounds) Love the updates, and feeling a longing to live in Moab....

Lindsey said...

Ang! This post almost made me cry. It was so sweet. And I love your two girls so much!