Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year in St. George (part I)

I have good memories in this temple. November 10, 2007.*

I should have taken a photo of Matt too. He was as much a part of the Hatch sisters as we were. Poor guy had to endure two days with 7 women until Brian showed up. We all went to walk around the temple and watch the Joseph Smith movie in the temple VC. 

One day before Brian got to St. George we all packed up and went on a hike near the canyon rim to look for petrglyphs and then played around Pioneer Park.
i love this picture of L feeling the soft fuzz of the seed on her lips. 
Liesel and Hannah got lots and lots of grandma time. In fact, I may have abused the grandma time a little in going out nearly every night to do things we don't ever get to do. Best present ever for a mom. I love my babies tons, but it is soooo nice to enjoy an evening out. Thanks to allison I got to:

-go on an awesome night hike in a water-filled slot canyon while telling stories of mountain lions with Cath, Lindsey and Matt
-go to the temple 
- see Les Mis in the theater
-eat fro-yo
-go shopping 
-go running 


 playing around at Pioneer park. 
I wish my braid looked like this. 


There's a crazy narrow crack at Pioneer park that I had done before, but for some reason I totally felt claustrophobic and almost chickened out. But didn't.
Brian arrived Sunday evening and drove the whole way after work (all the way from the Needles) so we could all be together the whole day on New Years Eve. It had been a while (I think since Mexico two months after L was born) that B and I had taken a week long vacation. Grad school was over for the semester and work finished for the week. I swear B looked lighter with the weight off his shoulders.  It was the perfect way to ring in a new year. 


*in posting that link, I realized that I have been blogging for almost 10 years minus the year and half I was gone on my mission. Dang, ang. I'm not sure if that means I have no life, or too much of one.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

LOVE it. A few comments

My rearend looks crazy in that SG crack picture. ew

This was so fun!

I MISS YOU!

Did I take that one of L with the fuzz seed?

Anonymous said...

I think Steve (the cat) counts as one more male in the 1:7 ratio.

gc.hatch said...

What an awesome New Year!! Thanks for sharing all these great photos. It felt like I was there enjoying the fun times with you all! It sure was nice of Allyson to give you a break and let you do so many fun things.

Catherine said...

Girl, I had so much fun with you! (I think my paranoia may have contributed to your crack fears). I love the close-ups of Liesel!

Allison said...

Silly Angela, you know I loved watching the girls, plus, most of the times you were gone was after 7 p.m. when they are both zonked out for the night with no crying whatsoever. Hey, I miss you all.